Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up one of these and notice especially on driver side rear tire that the deck is really close to rubbing on it. Is something gets in tire is could wear the paint off. Is this normal and is there any way to adjust? It the worst when deck is at full height. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
The factory installed rear tires are 23"x10.5". Check to see if they are 24" on the tractor. If so, the previous owner made a switch to larger tires.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The factory installed rear tires are 23"x10.5". Check to see if they are 24" on the tractor. If so, the previous owner made a switch to larger tires.
Thanks I'll check. It's brand new so it's probably 23.5? But maybe the z540r is like this due to it having bigger tires than 540m @ 22x9.5 and likely same frame on all 500 series?

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
He said "new" but I guess we don't know if it is factory new or just new to him. :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Here is a picture of a 2017 year Z540r, and it is "normal" for the 1/2" clearance between the deck and tire. Things are great in Deere Land of America. Just think... the deck keeps the mud from the tires when in use.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a picture of a 2017 year Z540r, and it is "normal" for the 1/2" clearance between the deck and tire. Things are great in Deere Land of America. Just think... the deck keeps the mud from the tires when in use.

Thanks for the post! Must just be the bigger tires on the 540r filling up the space.

·
Registered
255 Posts
You can check your tire pressure, should be 10 psi in the rear and 15psi in the front also check the deck to see if it is level. I know when they come off the crate they are close to the tire, until above procedure is done.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Here is a great overhead shot showing the tight clearance on one side and the staggered front rollers.

A89D9D5C-1935-4525-9BB2-BEE5F36DB28A.jpeg

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can check your tire pressure, should be 10 psi in the rear and 15psi in the front also check the deck to see if it is level. I know when they come off the crate they are close to the tire, until above procedure is done.
Ok I know they might be a bit low so I'll check thanks again!

·
Registered
455 Posts
When you increase tire pressure on these lawn tractor tires, it pushes the center of the tire out. So, that would decrease the distance between the tire and mower deck. Keep them a few pounds less... BTW. that makes a better (softer) ride.

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
When you increase tire pressure on these lawn tractor tires, it pushes the center of the tire out. So, that would decrease the distance between the tire and mower deck. Keep them a few pounds less... BTW. that makes a better (softer) ride.
Do you mean it pushes the side wall out?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts