Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Ken. We just moved to Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas. I retired 35 years as a rural letter carrier and my wife 35 years as a teacher. We bought a house on a mountain where you can see 50 miles east to west. We overlook Crown Lake which is pretty large. We have about 3 acres mostly cleared. Where we came from in South East Ar, we lived in the city so didn't have room for a tractor. I did have an x300 JD for mowing and love it. I have the room now so I did something I always wanted to do, I bought a tractor. When I was a kid on the farm I was used to driving big JDs, Allis Chalmers, and such. I bought a 2019 John Deere 2025R with FEL and a backhoe. I'm having a hard time trying to take it away from my wife, lolol. I didn't buy the drive over mower deck because of some tight places to mow. I am getting ready to buy a flail mower. Some of the property is a little rough for a finish mower so I decided to go with the flail. Looking forward to getting some good advice here. Thanks. Ken.

·
Administrator
20,290 Posts
Ken,
Congrats on the retirement and the new tractor!

:wgtt:

Can’t wait to see pics of your new place and your tractor in action. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Welcome from Milan, OH

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
:wgtt: from the Mitten. :congrats: on new tractor and retirement.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,725 Posts