Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I spent large portion of my childhood on a 1971 120 maintaining 3 subdivisions for my father. I tracked the same 120 down a few years ago. Needs resto.
Recently bought a X729, hard cab,47 blower,62 deck & MCS. Also still have 314,316,317 & 300 series attachments that 729 is supposed to replace.

I have a mild problem & wife has had it.
I run a Corvette/performance shop. The cars became work &tractors fun tools. I walk past 3000hp & get excited about a 12hp 40 year old garden tractor. :lol: My friends & customers don't understand my fascination with little green hydraulic tractors. I came here to learn & enjoy :greentractorride:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
The first step is to admit to the problem.

The second step is to go to group therapy where you can talk with others with the same "issue"

Welcome to the Nut House....we saved you a seat.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts

From CT

·
Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Administrator
20,679 Posts

Glad to have you here! :drinks:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
:hi::wgtt:

Welcome from the top of Maine!

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Welcome, from Texas!

:gtfam:

Many of us are afflicted with the issues! I can think of a lot of worse things to be "addicted" to!

Get you wife some seat time, and let her see how much fun playing, I mean, working with a tractor can be! Once she gets to see the things she can do, she might get the habit, as well! Of course, keeping tractor stuff on budget will become harder then! :dance:

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
Hello all.
I spent large portion of my childhood on a 1971 120 maintaining 3 subdivisions for my father. I tracked the same 120 down a few years ago. Needs resto.
Recently bought a X729, hard cab,47 blower,62 deck & MCS. Also still have 314,316,317 & 300 series attachments that 729 is supposed to replace.

I have a mild problem & wife has had it.
I run a Corvette/performance shop. The cars became work &tractors fun tools. I walk past 3000hp & get excited about a 12hp 40 year old garden tractor. My friends & customers don't understand my fascination with little green hydraulic tractors. I came here to learn & enjoy
You can post about your X729 in the Lawn & Garden section, while the 120, 314, 316, 317 and the 300 attachments can go into our Vintage Lawn & Garden section. It looks like you have the older 300 series just about covered, you just need a 140, a 300 and a 312 to finished the collection.

·
Registered
11,896 Posts
Welcome. That is really great that you were able to find the same 120 you ran as a kid.

·
Premium Member
14,717 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

1 - 15 of 15 Posts