Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody,

I have been browsing the forum for a while and it has been a valuable resource while I decide what I want to do. I have a 2.5 acre lot that I will be building on eventually. Torn between a 1025R and a 3036e. Concerned that the 1025 will be underpowered for FEL work but the 3036 will be overkill for the block. Dilemmas lol.

Will ask over in the relevant section and see what comes out from the learned members here.

Regards
Graham

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Welcome from New York, Grakat! Good to have you aboard. I'm sure you'll get some helpful feedback on your dilemma. :good2:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi Graham
Good to see another Aussie:good2: I have a 1025R with an Australian Burder FEL with 4 in 1 bucket. I would not bother with the JD FEL as it is fitted with a electro hydraulic system to get around the Australian requirement that FEL's are self leveling it is a real dodgy system and there is no 4 in 1 bucket option. The Burber option are much easier to live with and simpler and as I said come with the 4 in 1 bucket option, I think Howard also built a FEL to fit.
I could not live with out my 4 in 1:laugh:
You are correct that the 1025R loader is too light to dig like a scoop mobile because it is too light. But with the BH you can do amazing things.
I have put 200 hrs a year on it I have for nearly 2 1/2 years.
I bought it as a retirement present to my self as I needed a bigger mower, I had a JD 102 (17.5 hp 42" cut) and was cutting over 2.5 acres.
The 1025R has a 54" MMM and cut my mowing time in half and is much more enjoyable.
I have absolutely no regrets getting the 1025R with, a Burder self leveling FEL with a 4 in 1 bucket, JD 260 BH and 54D MMM.
One of the first jobs I did was dig up my old compacted gravel driveway quite wide about 50 meters long and 100 to 150 mm thick (4" to 6" thick), I lifted it with the BH and moved it with the FEL. I took my time and learned to operate the FEL and BH while I did It, and loved every minute.:thumbup1gif:
Regards John

Attachments

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania.

·
Administrator
20,720 Posts
Graham,
:wgtt:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
12,334 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome. I went to Sydney a couple of years ago. Nice place to visit.

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Hey Graham! Welcome from Southern Maryland. If you are going to have a dilemma that is not a bad one! :laugh:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,542 Posts