Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone ! I just bought a new-to-me 2011 JD 2520. I live on 160 acres up in northern Canada and this little guy should really help me get things done.

I bought it for general acreage use and mowing my acre of lawn.

It was actually not quite what I intended to get but I sort of lucked across it.

My lawn mower broke down so I started looking for a new one. Decided if I was going to spend money, I might as well look into something more useful than just a lawn mower. So I looked at the dealer and they had a decent deal on a new 1025r. I grabbed the car hauler and decided to go buy it.

On the way there I passed this 2520 sitting outside someone's house. Called the number and the guy came out and I took a look at it.

Well turns out it had a bigger loader, a backblade, and a ballast box. All for a few thousand less than the new 1025r.

So I look wondering how the hours were? 45! Basically brand spankin new.

So instead of $21k for the new 1025r (which only came with a loader) I got the 45 hour old 2520 for $17k which also came with a backblade!

Loaded it right up and took it home.

Did some driveway smoothing and tested out the loader and it is working fantastically.

Pretty happy with how everything worked out. I'm very new to tractors and everything about them so it should be an interesting learning experience.

Pic: https://imgur.com/a/2lTBi

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
from North Carolina. Looks like a great find :good2:, and from the picture, looks like you got an iMatch quick hitch as well. I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it, and if you have any questions, you have come to the right place. There's lots of knowledge and advice here in all areas.

Just curious, wondering which province you are from, I'm a big fan of the eastern provinces. Just haven't made it to the western provinces yet!

·
Premium Member
14,408 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the hellos everyone!

from North Carolina. Looks like a great find :good2:, and from the picture, looks like you got an iMatch quick hitch as well. I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it, and if you have any questions, you have come to the right place. There's lots of knowledge and advice here in all areas.

Just curious, wondering which province you are from, I'm a big fan of the eastern provinces. Just haven't made it to the western provinces yet!
Northern BC (western province)

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
:wgtt: from Hagerstown md

·
Administrator
20,477 Posts
Wow! Nice deal!

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland. Congratulations on the tractor, now get out there and mow that grass!! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. :greentractorride:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,774 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,494 Posts
:gtfam:

Yeah, super deal you got there!:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,749 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,219 Posts

Thanks for the pic. Now what about the grass? Cutting or just letting it grow? :laugh:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts