Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the very happy owner of a new 2018 2032R. Because it was a 2018 purchased in 2019, it qualified for a $750 rebate. With 10 hours on it now, I can say it's a remarkable tractor with a few caveats. My last tractor was a 2001 JD 4110 TLM that never ceased to impress me. It had to be the most productive 20 hp "anything" on the planet! The 60" mid mount mower always made a fantastic cut but it was a little cumbersome to remove and install. The down side of the 4110 was the abismal 3 point hitch and not having a seperate lift circuit for the mower deck. The 2032R fixed that in a big way! I opted for a 60" mid mount for it as well due to my landscape but find it very narrow comparative to the wider tread stance. If you are mowing reasonably flat and unobstructed ground definitely opt for the 72D! My biggest gripe about this tractor is the turning radius. This is primarily a mowing machine so the poor turning radius and narrow deck work to my disadvantage. the small frame 2R and the 3R's both seem to best my tractor in a turn. The ergonomics of the large 2R's are second to none! The other gripes: loud PTO with mid mower and a poor 4WD engagement mechanism. I have bush hogged, tilled, box bladed, and back graded with the loader. Anything pertaining to the 3 point is superb! the rear PTO makes a real funky noise if you engage it with nothing attached at idle. Advance the throttle minutely and it goes away. This is my first tractor with RIO. Why must this be on a tractor of this size?! That "feature" was defeated after the first 15 minutes of mowing! Let's face it, on a tractor with a poor turning radius, you will be reversing very often.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,742 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Administrator
20,303 Posts

·
Registered
12,292 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I am the very happy owner of a new 2018 2032R. Because it was a 2018 purchased in 2019, it qualified for a $750 rebate. With 10 hours on it now, I can say it's a remarkable tractor with a few caveats. My last tractor was a 2001 JD 4110 TLM that never ceased to impress me. It had to be the most productive 20 hp "anything" on the planet! The 60" mid mount mower always made a fantastic cut but it was a little cumbersome to remove and install. The down side of the 4110 was the abismal 3 point hitch and not having a seperate lift circuit for the mower deck. The 2032R fixed that in a big way! I opted for a 60" mid mount for it as well due to my landscape but find it very narrow comparative to the wider tread stance. If you are mowing reasonably flat and unobstructed ground definitely opt for the 72D! My biggest gripe about this tractor is the turning radius. This is primarily a mowing machine so the poor turning radius and narrow deck work to my disadvantage. the small frame 2R and the 3R's both seem to best my tractor in a turn. The ergonomics of the large 2R's are second to none! The other gripes: loud PTO with mid mower and a poor 4WD engagement mechanism. I have bush hogged, tilled, box bladed, and back graded with the loader. Anything pertaining to the 3 point is superb! the rear PTO makes a real funky noise if you engage it with nothing attached at idle. Advance the throttle minutely and it goes away. This is my first tractor with RIO. Why must this be on a tractor of this size?! That "feature" was defeated after the first 15 minutes of mowing! Let's face it, on a tractor with a poor turning radius, you will be reversing very often.
Welcome from Central OH!

·
Registered
11,683 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,967 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia