Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im picking up my new 1023e with loader this Saturday and wondering what size chain ya'll use to bind your tractor down during transport? minimum size since i'd rather not have to buy expensive chain or heavy chain

·
Registered
524 Posts
im picking up my new 1023e with loader this Saturday and wondering what size chain ya'll use to bind your tractor down during transport? minimum size since i'd rather not have to buy expensive chain or heavy chain
1/4" chain will be fine! Grade 70 for transport. I mean with that chain your looking at around $2.50-$3 a foot depending on where you buy. Then you have a good string chain for multiple things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I got straps at tractor supply, on sale 27' 3333 lbs ratchet strap for $10.00 each, sale on till the 17th....

·
Registered
143 Posts
5/16" chain is what I use.

Lowe's sells a 20' 5/16" chain with hooks on both ends for around $35. I have a couple of em, & definitely use em quite a bit. Pretty much a permanent purchase too....

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Moweec... Lets look at the big picture.
Are you planning on transporting your tractor on a regular bases? Then I'd look at your local DOT regulations and procure the proper equipment. I'll probably catch a lot of flack over that comment, but one stop by the man and your fine will would more then cover the cost of the equipment and then some. (Don't ask me how I know!!)

If this is a one shot deal I'd buy 5/16 grade 70 chains with some binders. I have a few and they work great for other projects around the yard etc. Also remember each item on the tractor i.e FEL, BH or other add ons need to also be individually tied down as well. (That was 50% of my fine)

Enjoy your new toy and pictures are required when you get it home :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
I won't chime in on your question as I had mine delivered and you will get good replies from members that trailer their tractors regularly .
But I would like to say :wgtt:..... and let us know when we can help you spend your :gizmo: on all the mods that you must have !!!!!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
:wgtt:
Get what works.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Also do a search on the forums about insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
5/16" chain is what I use.

Lowe's sells a 20' 5/16" chain with hooks on both ends for around $35. I have a couple of em, & definitely use em quite a bit. Pretty much a permanent purchase too....
As Viper21 said,
Pretty much a permanent purchase.
Chains can/will last a lifetime.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
:gtfam:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts