Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I purchased a JD Ballast Box today for my new 1025R. I also purchased the iMatch quick hitch. I read that I needed the bushing kit and purchased one. (BW15056)

I am a little confused on the install. I think I have the lower bushings for the Ballast box correct, please see the picture with the roll pin. (Assuming I just hammer the roll pins in?) But, I am confused on the top pin on the Ballast box. I have taken a picture of what all came in the bushing kit. I saw another thread about putting the two smaller bushings in the kit together, but I cannot see how they will stay in? Am I missing another kit or just clueless, lol.

I appreciate the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
The ones with the knobs get roll pinned on the lowers with the knobs out. The other ones just slides over the pin you put through the top. I have a Heavy Hitch so you can't see the top pin when engaged but there is a bushing over the pin the iMatch is engaged on

IMG_0822.jpg
IMG_0823.jpg
IMG_0824.jpg

Reactions: Levi and Nospleen

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ones with the knobs get roll pinned on the lowers with the knobs out. The other ones just slides over the pin you put through the top.

I can go get some pics if it would help.
That would be very helpful. Does it appear I am missing parts, or do my pics show that I have all that I need. (Besides a clue)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
You have all that's needed for bushings. Will need a pin for the top hook. The bushing you show on bottom pin in pic will go over pin for top hook. The bushings with the "lip" goes on bottom pins of implement for bottom hooks of quick hitch to connect onto

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Added the pictures in above.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have all that's needed for bushings. Will need a pin for the top hook. The bushing you show on bottom pin in pic will go over pin for top hook. The bushings with the "lip" goes on bottom pins of implement for bottom hooks of quick hitch to connect onto
Does the pin for the top hook not come with the imatch or the JD Ballast box? Assuming I can pick one up at tractor supply or Home Depot. But, I just wanted to make sure they did not short change me.

Any tips on removing a half installed roll pin. Let's just pretend I tried to install the bushings on the bottom in my pic and have a half installed roll pin.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yup you can get the pin at tractor supply. I've used a bolt when in a pinch but a pin is better. If the roll pin isn't fully knocked in just turn it over and use a punch, small bolt, etc to use as something to rest against roll pin and pound it out with a hammer. The top pin doesn't come with imatch or implements

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup you can get the pin at tractor supply. I've used a bolt when in a pinch but a pin is better. If the roll pin isn't fully knocked in just turn it hitch over and use a punch, small bolt, etc to use as something to rest against roll pin and pound it out with a hammer.
That is exactly what I tried, but it is not budging. About 5/8" is still sticking out. Ugh...

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I suggest a B.A.H. I installed the bushings onto my box blade and then discovered it wasn't quick hitch compatible, haven't had time to make it compatible yet but needed the blade so I had to remove the bushings. I had to beat the snot out of the roll pins to get them out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I suggest a B.A.H. I installed the bushings onto my box blade and then discovered it wasn't quick hitch compatible, haven't had time to make it compatible yet but needed the blade so I had to remove the bushings. I had to beat the snot out of the roll pins to get them out.
Okay, I just took that roll pin out to the wood shed. All is good now. Now I just need the top pin and should be good.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
duplicate what meagerHair has shown you in his photos and you will be golden.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Get a few extra toplink pins in several lengths for any future situation.:good2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
duplicate what meagerHair has shown you in his photos and you will be golden.
The bushings with the knob simply slide over the bottom pin on the ballast box? They seem quite loose almost like the one I had over them in the original pic should remain and the knob go on top of it. Maybe it is okay to be that loose, but just seems weird.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
The Deere ones I have are looser. The ones in the pic are from Northern Tool online were half the cost and fit better.

Reactions: ky_shawn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Deere ones I have are looser. The ones in the pic are from Northern Tool online were half the cost and fit better.
Okay, so no need to install anything between the bushing with the knob and the lower pin on the ballast box. Shocked they fit so loose...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Final post, lol.

I want to make sure I have this right. This is what I have gathered from this thread.

1st pic. I will buy a top pin, but these two bushings go over the top pin where the ballast box will attach.

2nd pic. These should go over the top pin on the outside and held on with a hitch pin or the like.

3rd pic. Above, I mentioned they should go over outside of the top pin. But, the knob style bushings fit so poor on the bottom, it makes me think these silver ones should go over the bottom pin on the ballast box and then install the knob style bushing and push pin. If they should not and loose is just how they are, I guess that is okay. But, I just want to get it right.

Thanks again and sorry for all of the questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
The bushings with the knob simply slide over the bottom pin on the ballast box? They seem quite loose almost like the one I had over them in the original pic should remain and the knob go on top of it. Maybe it is okay to be that loose, but just seems weird.
Mine have never been super tight but not loose to the point I felt something wasn't right. I could easily slide the bushings on and spin them around the cat1 pins of my implements

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Are the bushings with knob able to fit over the other bushing you show in picture and the two of them go onto the bottom pin of ballast box?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are the bushings with knob able to fit over the other bushing you show in picture and the two of them go onto the bottom pin of ballast box?
Yep! Then the fit is not tight, but not loose. I can turn it, but there is not excessive play.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts