Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought an old JD model 70 skid steer to use around the house and barn - previous owners did zero maintenance so I gave it a complete tune up, oil/filter change, new air cleaner/fuel filter etc. The manual I bought said to change the hydraulic filters (2) by removing old and installing new which I did then topped off the hydraulic fluid and now I have no Hydraulics!! Can't move bucket up or down or tilt and no forward or reverse. I let the tractor run for quite a while but still nothing. When I hold the boom/bucket foot petals in the back (up) position I get forward/reverse.

Any idea of what I did wrong??? Thanks in advance for any help/info you can provide.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Keep checking your fluid level and fill as needed, if not needed DON'T fill it. You probably introduced a lot of air into the system. I know when I drained the hydraulic fluid on two different JD's I have owned, it took a bit for the fluid to make it's way through the system and come back to life. I had a SCUT that I completely drained because I had to break it in half and when I filled it back up it took close to 20 minutes before everything came back. Very distressing.

Make sure you did the filter replacement correctly. :greentractorride:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts