Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 1025r: 120r FEL, 60mmm, 54 snow blade, KBH hooks/Clevis mount Step and Bolt on Front hitch
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first time converting to snow plow mode with my new 2021 1025r. Mine came with the blade quick attach brackets already installed from the dealer. I removed the bracket for the mower and went to place the first bracket for the blade but the holes don’t line up at all to get the bar through. Am I just an idiot and not seeing how this works or did the dealer put the brackets in wrong or the wrong brackets?
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Helmet Gas

·
Registered
75 Posts
Turn tires all the way left or right and install the bracket from the rear. Use the slots directly above where you have the bracket in the second picture.

·
Registered
239 Posts
See the slot directly above where you have it mounted now? That's where it goes.
I did the same thing when I got my 1025R.
I thought it mounted the same as my 2305, it was confusing.

Yeah, What JeepinChamp said!

·
Registered
2021 1025r: 120r FEL, 60mmm, 54 snow blade, KBH hooks/Clevis mount Step and Bolt on Front hitch
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I thought about that but I wanted to confirm before jamming it up there. Would’ve been asking next how so the turn the tires tip has already helped. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
turning the wheels gives very minimal extra room. Still no where near what is needed to slide this thing In. Not sure if the newer front axle has anything to do with it. I’m attaching some Pictures and dimensions for you Vets to see if you can see any glaring issues.
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Tread Wood

Automotive tire Crankset Bicycle part Bicycle chain Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Tire Bumper

Tape measure Office ruler Bumper Ruler Wood

Tool Bumper Bicycle part Automotive exterior Wood

Ruler Office ruler Tape measure Tool Bicycle part

Tape measure Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle part

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,642 Posts
The pins slide into the slot brackets above where you have it positioned in the photos. Then, the hitch assembly pivots UP towards the front of the tractor, unti; the holes on each side of the bracket line up with the holes in the tractor farme and then the rod slides in through the holes from one side across the front to the other side, with the wheels turned.

The way the bracket slides up unto the slots and then lifts up to have the rod slide through is a little odd at first, but once you get that, it makes sense.

Also, you need to have the front quick tach hitch hanging on the front of the tractor, to pin the pieces together where the plow will actually hang. But you can't put that on yet, until the lower bracket, which actually would support the PTO shaft for the blower, is in its proper position.

Where this install is always confusing is how it slides the pins on the bracket into the hook brackets on the tractor and then the front of the bracket rotates from the ground up to the front of the tractor, where the large rod slides through to pin it to the frame. It sort of seems bass ackwards when looking at it, but that's how it goes together................The bracket won't stay in place without the large rod sliding through from side to side. But getting the bracket so the holes line up, you know you have it positioned correctly.

Did the dealer leave the manuals with the items you purchased? They show it clearly also............

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the culprit. They have a spacer bolted onto it that makes it just wide enough that it wouldn’t slide up into the space. I took it off and it took some doing but it finally squeezed in there.
The manual they gave me for the 54 blade doesn’t tell you diddly about the first step. It jumps right to lowering the hitch as the first step🤷🏻‍♂️
thanks for the quick helpful replies.
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grass Font

Tool Fishing rod Composite material Grass Nickel

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,642 Posts
I found the culprit. They have a spacer bolted onto it that makes it just wide enough that it wouldn’t slide up into the space. I took it off and it took some doing but it finally squeezed in there.
The manual they gave me for the 54 blade doesn’t tell you diddly about the first step. It jumps right to lowering the hitch as the first step🤷🏻‍♂️
thanks for the quick helpful replies. View attachment 812144
View attachment 812143
That shim is lying in one of my tool box drawers.....likely where your shim is headed also along with the bolt, etc.

Before you lift the heavy actual hitch and sit it on the front bracket with the rod supporting it, pull back and lock in place the 4 spring loaded pins which hold the hitch to the tractor (2) and hold the plow to the hitch (2). It makes putting on both much easier.............and less likely to pinch fingers.

When you route the hydraulic hoses for the quik tach hitch, its very important they be protected with a sleeve or covering when they mount through the support brackets which might not yet be on your tractors frame. They are the gold colored round rings with a mounting stem on them. Ideally, two of these brackets works well..........Where the hoses slide through the rings, its best to have material between the hose and the metal ring. I will see if I can find a photo of my lines for you and how I did it.

If the hoses are tight, the bracket will wear a hole in the hose and give you a pin hole leak spraying you with hydro fluid. Take your time and keep the hoses from being twisted and run them through the support brackets on the right side or the tractor frame one hose at a time........and its easier to hook and unhook and also not have any issues.

One last critical instruction, when you sit the plow onto the hitch by lowering the plow's pins into the V on top of the hitch, make sure the trip lock pins on the back side of the plow are in the released position. These allow the plow to pivot when you hit something and the trip springs protect you and the tractor and plow. Some plows have one trip pin, some have two. The pins on my plow are shaped like a "U" and are shown in this screen shot shown as number 6. Make sure they can NOT lock into place when the plow bangs back and forth. Also make it a habit to check these from time to time. You will be glad you did.

Rectangle Slope Font Line Schematic

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That shim is lying in one of my tool box drawers.....likely where your shim is headed also along with the bolt, etc.

Before you lift the heavy actual hitch and sit it on the front bracket with the rod supporting it, pull back and lock in place the 4 spring loaded pins which hold the hitch to the tractor (2) and hold the plow to the hitch (2). It makes putting on both much easier.............and less likely to pinch fingers.

When you route the hydraulic hoses for the quik tach hitch, its very important they be protected with a sleeve or covering when they mount through the support brackets which might not yet be on your tractors frame. They are the gold colored round rings with a mounting stem on them. Ideally, two of these brackets works well..........Where the hoses slide through the rings, its best to have material between the hose and the metal ring. I will see if I can find a photo of my lines for you and how I did it.

If the hoses are tight, the bracket will wear a hole in the hose and give you a pin hole leak spraying you with hydro fluid. Take your time and keep the hoses from being twisted and run them through the support brackets on the right side or the tractor frame one hose at a time........and its easier to hook and unhook and also not have any issues.

One last critical instruction, when you sit the plow onto the hitch by lowering the plow's pins into the V on top of the hitch, make sure the trip lock pins on the back side of the plow are in the released position. These allow the plow to pivot when you hit something and the trip springs protect you and the tractor and plow. Some plows have one trip pin, some have two. The pins on my plow are shaped like a "U" and are shown in this screen shot shown as number 6. Make sure they can NOT lock into place when the plow bangs back and forth. Also make it a habit to check these from time to time. You will be glad you did.

View attachment 812145
Thanks for the information Sully. That information was actually in the manual lol.
the hoses are already threaded and fully covered
Tire Automotive tire Sleeve Chair Wood
Motor vehicle Yellow Font Gas Automotive exterior

Tire Green Automotive tire Tread Wheel

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Rim Bumper

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel rim Yellow Bicycle part

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.