Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My John Deere 4044M has 40 hours on it and soot level was 73 and after brush hogging for an hour with the throttle wide open, it only came down to 71. I think I need to do a forced regen. Can anyone give me the steps to make that happen? Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree, just let the tractor decide when to regen. The panel will tell you when it’s doing it. Mine got up to 90 something percent before it did the first one.

I was expecting it to happen and when the symbol lit up I bumped the rpm’s up to 1,800 and let it do its thing. Took about 20 minutes. I finished up some dirt work then drove down a dirt road for a ways while it was in process.

Just be sure to let it idle and cool down before shutting it off after a regen. It definitely gets HOT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
10,564 Posts
My John Deere 4044M has 40 hours on it and soot level was 73 and after brush hogging for an hour with the throttle wide open, it only came down to 71. I think I need to do a forced regen. Can anyone give me the steps to make that happen? Thank you in advance!
It is load that builds the heat that reduces the soot.

While you were at WOT, you probably weren't really working the tractor.

I have never needed a forced (parked) regen. I have "extended" some work while it regens though. At some point you will notice the sound change.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much for your replies! I was just getting worried. Never had a regen tractor before. Thanks again!!!!!

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I am at 590 hours on my 4066R and have never done a "parked" regen. I just let the tractor do it's own thing. It is smarter about when it needs a regen than we are. Of course, it quite often wants to do it when it is the most inconvenient, such as one of the few times I used the hitch assist which requires the tractor to be at idle.

Dave

·
Registered
152 Posts
Its funny that you commented about regen. It literally just happened on our 4052R the other day, we happened to be recording something else when it happened so we managed to get it on video.

Like others have said, we have never forced a regen, rather just let the tractor decide the best time. Sometimes it can be slightly inconvenient, so our regen sometimes does turn into a parked regen just for the simple fact that we were done working the tractor for the day when it starts.

It is amazing how much heat that thing cranks out during the process. Next time maybe ill make smores while waiting for it to finish.:laugh:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just let it do it's own thing. You'll discover that the soot percent will hang around the 60-70% range for quite awhile before it finally kicks off the bbq. Unless you do a lot of extended idle.

Reactions: rtgt
1 - 8 of 8 Posts