Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new to this forum as well as to John Deere products. I retired a couple of years ago and settled up here in the northwest to be near the grand kids. We have great place that is just over 2 ½ acres, lots of trees, mostly level with a pond and central island in it. We are off the beaten path yet close enough to all the amenities. I have up to this point been able to deal with things with the old garden tractors and a trailer. One has the mower on it, another I modified with a sleeve hitch powered by a linear actuator to run a small box blade and the last one to mainly tow the trailer around and give the wifey a means to putz around the property.
The projects around the acreage have reached a point now where I needed something bigger and so I did a lot of researching around on the net and went to a couple of tractor dealers too. I had a set price that I did not want to go over and wound up purchasing a 2025R with a front loader and box scraper. I looked at the 2032R, but spending another $4000 would have pushed me over my set budget.
Like I mentioned earlier, I am brand new to tractors and have only had mine exactly one week today. I have done a few tasks with it and it has been great. Just taking things slowly and being careful. I am learning as I go and will probably at times have some stupid questions for you all.

Thanks

Mark

·
Administrator
20,881 Posts
Welcome Mark!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
:wgtt:
From CT

Sounds like a perfect retirement homestead...enjoy both home and :greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
Welcome to GTT Canam1. Any way we can get a few pictures?
BTW, I've been asking stupid questions on here for years! We all do at times.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Congrats Mark on the 2025R. :thumbup1gif:

Welcome from WI...:drinks:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Welcome, from Texas!

:gtfam:

And don't worry about asking stupid questions. You could never catch up with Gizmo2 in that department. And I probably run a close second! Ask away!!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts

And don't worry about asking stupid questions. You could never catch up with Gizmo2 in that department. And I probably run a close second! Ask away!!
And people from New York and Texas are sooooo cool!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

Welcome from New York. There are NO stupid questions, except the ones not asked.:lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,584 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,899 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

·
Registered
1,542 Posts