Green Tractor Talk banner

Newbie with 2150 question.

1285 Views 14 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  GreenFlorida
Recently acquired a 2150 in need of serious tlc. This is my 1st tractor project, so stumbling with what are probably pretty simple issues. Current problem is the radiator. Not sure if it is correct one or if something is positioned wrong. The draincock is blocked by the hydraulic pump mount and i have zero room to remove hydraulic tank and air filter housing. I got them removed, but it literally took some serious contortions and prayers. Ok, the actual question is, how is the radiator actually supposed to be secured? Mine has no padding like the parts book indicates and the one bolt that did exist had the spring underneath the tractor frame. Should the pads elevate the radiator so the drain is above the hydraulic pump? And where do the springs go and what tension should they have. Should the radiator when properly mounted have the ability to move back and forth? Sorry for being long winded. Ive already learned a lot from you guys. Great site.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Welcome to GTT
Spring fits under tractor frame. Key 12 is a washer & key 18 is listed as a pad which radiator mount/oil cooler resting on pads. I think radiator mounting bolts should be snug against spring & no radiator bolt torque is listed in my JD 2040 tech manual. Bracket(key 3) should stabilize radiator from moving fore & aft

Attachments

You're welcome. Several yrs ago some JD parts specs were available on JD parts site if one knew correct method for checking for spec's BUT JD updated their parts site & eliminated this feature. Importantly fan needs to fit in shroud without touching & hood must clear radiator. Water in crankcase could be caused by several things such as faulty piston liners, liner sealing 0-rings,head gasket or cyl head. Does tractor have vertical or horizontal muffler? If water is in the fuel I strongly advise to add bio-cide to the fuel to help control any possible fungus.
Reactions: Zebrafive
You can operate engine without a mufflers as long as your eardrums can tolerate the noise. Will engine crankshaft rotate?
If pads in question are foam & not rubber then I agree that they are designed to block air flow not cushion radiator.
Thanks to JD parts site update most part # spec's access has been denied to all except JD & dealer employees. I think that the male threads on that filling is 1/4'' NPT
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.