Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I just bought a used JD 870 with an 8B backhoe mounted. I don't know much of anything about these little tractors having only rented one or two over the years for stuff where a bigger machine couldn't fit. This is really something for me to work around my own place in my retirement years, and while I have some experience with construction equipment, the 3 pt hitch and farm attachments are all new territory for me.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hi All, I just bought a used JD 870 with an 8B backhoe mounted. I don't know much of anything about these little tractors having only rented one or two over the years for stuff where a bigger machine couldn't fit. This is really something for me to work around my own place in my retirement years, and while I have some experience with construction equipment, the 3 pt hitch and farm attachments are all new territory for me.
Howdy,

Congrats on your purchase! You've come to a great place to get info. Lot's of smart folks around here. That's why I joined too. :)

:wgtt:

Go Patriots!

·
Administrator
20,679 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,717 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
:wgtt: From The Pacific NW - Oregon!

·
Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride::good2:

:gtfam:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,440 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,341 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hi Bd, I've spent time around Greenville and other areas in Maine deer hunting. also have a cousin in Belfast with a (not running) 140. If you can run construction machinery, it's only a matter of getting used to a "little" smaller machine. "Welcome" and enjoy al the good folks & info here. Bob

·
Registered
4,404 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi BD

Fancy meeting you here! I just joined today having purchased a 4410. Good luck with your JD and I hope mine works out well for me.

·
Registered
438 Posts
:greentractorride: Welcome aboard. A tractor makes retirement all the more enjoyable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts