Green Tractor Talk banner

Nice day in NE Tennessee

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  starkeyb 
#1 ·
Took advantage of a sunny 60 degree day to store the mower deck for the winter. Snow is bound to be on the way! I had already removed the toothbar to make the FEL more useful in clearing snow from the driveway. Used the chain hooks on the FEL bucket to move the deck into the shed for winter storage.

If you look closely in the second picture, you can see the three chain hooks I welded to the FEL bucket. They're handy. Also, moved the warning lights to the inside of the ROPS to make them less vulnerable when I get too close to trees or brush. The round cylinder on the ROPS was borrowed from my old 2320 and is used to store 1/2" nylon rope.

Couple items that don't show up are the spinner knob on the steering wheel and the pipe insulation on the FEL stand to keep it from getting scratched up in storage. (Borrowed that one from Sawdust . . . plenty of good ideas on this forum! :thumbup1gif:

The 7-Iron deck is really a business-like piece of gear. I'm looking forward to using it next spring.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice job on the hooks. They look factory installed from the pictures. I'm not putting my deck away. Spring is almost here!!! :lol: :thumbup1gif:

Was there any mods needed to put the lights inside the ROPS or was it an easy swap over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Was there any mods needed to put the lights inside the ROPS or was it an easy swap over?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Relatively easy. The left light goes on the right ROPS and vice versa. I chose to pull about six inches of wire out of the ROPS, cut it and splice the wires using an inline crimping tool. I had plenty of practice on my 2320 but most of that was replacing lights that I busted by getting too close to immovable objects. :nunu:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.