Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Got some deliveries. Rubber grommets installed for the access for the deck leveling, 1mm thick rubber sheets - will make templates and then trim the sheets and place them in the areas where the boots and etc can cause scruffs or damage to the paint, 3 low profile led lights to modify the taillights and wire in - still debating on getting taillight wiring from an x7 and go that route - with some modifications to the reflected housing and bezel that came with the x590. Almost forgot, LED bulb install.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive lighting Car

Motor vehicle Material property Grass Vehicle door Gas

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Fender

Hood Green Automotive tire Yellow Bumper

Hood Green Light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive lighting Sleeve Finger Headgear

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
After several phone calls, dealer charging for the arm test kit, then more phone calls and they finally deciding the arm rest kit for the standard seat on the x590 won’t fit the upgraded seat, and upgraded seat kit clearly states it comes with the armrests on JD Website, they will be refunding me the price of the arm test kit for the standard seat.

I ended up calling JD and letting know know of my experience so far… I feel it is important when you have a authorized dealer representing JD and pulling shenanigans… yes, shenanigans.

Did I mention they were going to keep the original seat and hardware as I purchased the upgraded seat - they said yeah, we keep take offs and sell them to customers as the tractor should only come with one seat. 🤔🤫😑🙄

·
Registered
265 Posts
................I ended up calling JD and letting know know of my experience so far… I feel it is important when you have a authorized dealer representing JD and pulling shenanigans… yes, shenanigans.

Did I mention they were going to keep the original seat and hardware as I purchased the upgraded seat - they said yeah, we keep take offs and sell them to customers as the tractor should only come with one seat. 🤔🤫😑🙄
Glad you contacted them. All takeoff parts are yours since they are included in the base price (Unless it was stated in the negotiations or maybe a switch-out with no additional charge to you). As far as the scratches -- lets just say "not acceptable" in my book.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Spoke with TriCounty Equipment and this is where we are at:

1. Return the x590 and part ways
2. Return the x590, they order a new one in, and wait
3. Replace the damaged parts IF they can get John Deere to warranty then - JD shouldn’t have to warranty the parts if someone at their place of business did the damage - worried about it costing you? Need to take responsibility - was my response
4. Can upgrade to a x730, bit of course that is another 4,000 dollars

They did issue me a refund for the armrest kit for the base seat that comes with the x590. They will be obtaining the arm rests for upgraded seat I was told - of course what I am told and what they do….. don’t be should’ve all over yourself there guys

Let’s see what I can get for a trade on my Simplicity

To be continued… they haven’t heard from JD yet.

Interesting how I am the consumer, I need to direct the experts….

·
Registered
265 Posts
Is there another dealer that you can deal with within a reasonable distance? If so, I would go with option #1. If they damaged the x590 on this go round, then they may just do the same on another new one. Not to mention, what will happen if or when you need warranty work? This was just a simple setup and delivery + add a seat. I would have some serious reservations in regard to their service department. Did I read correctly that they wanted to keep the new takeoff seat that you paid for and sell to someone else?

With that said, was this just a rare thing that somehow slipped through the cracks? If you feel comfortable with letting them fix it or order new one -- go for it. But only you can decide.

This was one of my big concerns when I ordered my x750. I was very clear with my salesman and voiced all my concerns. Fortunately, they listened and did everything to make sure my order process, delivery, and setup went smooth with no damage. They took me on a tour of the service department and introduced me to the service manager and techs. A clean and organized shop speaks volumes. They held the crate until I could lay eyes on it (and snap some pics) before they even unwrapped and assembled. This is not chump change to most when purchasing a JD product. To me it's like a new car purchase and I treat it like one.

Hope it all works out for you. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Trying to work out a deal on a JD X730 with a 54” deck, repair the current one, or replace

Spoke with another local dealer, they have a 2021 X730 brand new with a 54” deck - sales will be calling me back tomorrow with more details.

Riddle me this - X590 versus X730?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Looks like I have my choice of having the fender deck replaced under warranty and or going with an X730 - still working on price details.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Trying to work out a deal on a JD X730 with a 54” deck, repair the current one, or replace

Spoke with another local dealer, they have a 2021 X730 brand new with a 54” deck - sales will be calling me back tomorrow with more details.

Riddle me this - X590 versus X730?
Looks like I have my choice of having the fender deck replaced under warranty and or going with an X730 - still working on price details.
In 2017, I purchased a new x590. I kept it for a year until I realized I wanted more capability and 4WD. In 2018, I traded the x590 in for an x758.

The x758 was an awesome machine that served me well for mowing and plowing. It was in a completely different league than the x590. The hydraulic AWD system made mowing slopes and hills a breeze.

In 2021, I realized I wanted some more capability and a loader for tasks around my property. I traded the x758 in for a 1025R and I've been happy.

My advice is if you truly don't need the loader or capability of a 1025R, ditch the x590 and go with the x7 series and don't look back. They are truly awesome machines. I would consider the AWD version if you can swing it (x738 for gas or x758 for diesel).

Good luck in your choice!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Thank you for the feedback. I looked at SCUT 1 series and too much machine for what I have. While I would love to have a 4WD Diesel Model - X758 - for that price I could of went with the 1 series.

If the dealer can come up with the right numbers, we will have a deal on the x730.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Auto if I were you. Much easier to connect.. as a member here recently found out who went with the manual

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Ok….

Will be having the one dealer come and pick up their product.

Will be getting a X730 from a different JD Dealer, family owned, grandma and grandpa bought a large JD Tractor from them 50 years ago.

Will be going with Versa Turf Tires front and back. 54” auto connect deck, arm rest kit, center deck roller kit.

Just need to find a 2” hitch receiver now.

Will email Tim from Big Tool Rack as need to send part of the purchase back.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
X590 being picked up mid week, sad it didn’t work into.

Moving forward on the X730 - I guess HDAP and Versa Turf don’t come in 18x8.50-8

So looking at these for options:

View attachment 845420
View attachment 845421 View attachment 845420 View attachment 845421 View attachment 845420
Hate to say it but no interest or need for an AWD tractor?

I know they're pricey but there is just something about the 738/758s awd. It's seamless.

I think I'd be happy forever with an x758... but for that price I'd have to be :)

I love my x738 so I'm sure the x730 is just as nice of a nice tractor though... seldom see them for sale around here once the season hits.

Reactions: TPS

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
If I was to get a X738 or X758, would of went with a 1023e or 1025r - I could use a font end loader and a backhoe, but they would only get used maybe 2-3 times, I cannot justify that

I have about 1/2 acres of grass to cut…. For the snow, I have a Honda HSS928 Track Model with battery electric start.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
X590 was picked up this morning, left the LED Bulbs in it and the hitch receiver from Big Tool Rack on it. Whoever gets the tractor may the items go to good use.

Tires and accessories are on order for the x730 - roller deck kit, arm rest kit, versa turfs for the back, some tire for the front per the dealer (?)

I ordered some from millertire also, should be here soon - want a back up option.

May end up getting the roller striping kit the deck also to help minimize scalping. What I do need to order is the front brush guard.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
X590 was picked up this morning, left the LED Bulbs in it and the hitch receiver from Big Tool Rack on it. Whoever gets the tractor may the items go to good use.

Tires and accessories are on order for the x730 - roller deck kit, arm rest kit, versa turfs for the back, some tire for the front per the dealer (?)

I ordered some from millertire also, should be here soon - want a back up option.

May end up getting the roller striping kit the deck also to help minimize scalping. What I do need to order is the front brush guard.
I'd have kept the hitch if it fit the x730.

I have a Heavy Hitch 2" receiver bracket mounted on my x738. That pulls around a 700 pound landscaping trailer handily as well as a log splitter like there's nothing back there.

The same trailer that brought home my x738. :D

41 - 60 of 98 Posts