Green Tractor Talk banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Looks like a bit more sidewall than the stock front HDAPs on the all wheel drive tractors?
Great looking tractor!
Edit, it's rear wheel drive.
X730 is 2WD….. there was no way I could justify spending so much on a more equipped model.

These are not stock tires, dealer could not find Carlisle HDAPs as they don’t make them in an 18x8.5-8 so they found these as an alternative

·
Registered
2015 X738 60"
132 Posts
X730 is 2WD….. there was no way I could justify spending so much on a more equipped model.

These are not stock tires, dealer could not find Carlisle HDAPs as they don’t make them in an 18x8.5-8 so they found these as an alternative
yea 730 is rear wheel drive aka 4x2 aka 2WD. My original message was about keeping front and back tires the correct diameter and for some reason i thought you had the all wheel drive 738. Maybe i was thinking of my tractor. Anyways, diameter isn't as important front to back on a 2WD.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
yea 730 is rear wheel drive aka 4x2 aka 2WD. My original message was about keeping front and back tires the correct diameter and for some reason i thought you had the all wheel drive 738. Maybe i was thinking of my tractor. Anyways, diameter isn't as important front to back on a 2WD.
If it was an AWD or 4WD model I would ensure the same size tires would be used - that goes for a car, CUV, SUV, Truck, 4 wheeler, or Tractor

if one doesn’t follow that rule, it can cause some major mishaps with the drivetrain

·
Registered
3,503 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 · (Edited)
ROPS and Strap on backorder which I am not surprised, but I have my order in at least. Now just sit and wait.

Close to a Model 80 Dump Cart, not a brass tag, but still a Model 80.

I need to follow up on the loader, time got away from me today with work and phone calls.

This adulting thing can be a buzz kill.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Picking up the model 80 cart in the morning.
Missed a 7 and 10 cubic ft cart this week.

Used the X730 for the first time, all I have to say is wow. This thing is amazing, will take some getting use to coming from a floating deck that was in the Simplicity. Didn’t raise the blades and it was set to 2.5 inches, a bit low for my liking, so raised that up a bit for the next cut.

Wondering if I get the rear roller kit if that will help the deck float a little more? Need to do more reading on that

Few drops of hydraulic fluid on the mower deck below the front hydraulic access - not sure if there is a leak or when I was using the one lever and nothing is attached caused the leak? Will keep an eye on it.

Cover came in, will need to pick that up

Still trying to track down a blinker switch/relay/wiring to maximize the machines potential.

ROPS and strap still on backorder, been less than 3 weeks.

Butt Burrito or a mod for the suspension seat is def in the near future. Maybe some stiffer springs from that website all the kids are talking about. Yes, I said stiff.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
So the individual I purchased the cart from is a mechanic and has a cornucopias of JD Parts in the shop. His exact words - the G rated version is “it is a effin sickness” and he laughed

5 mower decks, 3 snow blower, front end loader, rims, tires, and etc - all for the 4 series garden tractors (diesel)

He personally has a 15 steel JD Cart. I have yet to see a 21 in person but I want one lol

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
So the individual I purchased the cart from is a mechanic and has a cornucopias of JD Parts in the shop. His exact words - the G rated version is “it is a effin sickness” and he laughed

5 mower decks, 3 snow blower, front end loader, rims, tires, and etc - all for the 4 series garden tractors (diesel)

He personally has a 15 steel JD Cart. I have yet to see a 21 in person but I want one lol
I seen a few 21 at my dealer. I Bought an 18 Last winter The 18 Can actually Carry the same weight as a 21. The 21 Cart floor is the reason I skipped On a 21 it's Bolted together down the center
But I guess your trying to start a cart collection then like Member grnspot110 who I think has at least one model of every Deere Cart made
Having a Loader for the Last 23 Years don't really need a Cart But I have a JD10P converted to a PX from Purchasing the Brinly Rodger Kit Use that Cart for Mulch work now, Because It caries More then the Loader bucket and do to all the perennials in the flower Beds I don't want to Bury them, so I put the Mulch out by Bushel shovel . Bought the 18 Because I have always wanted a Deere steel Cart, always Had a Precision Cart(always bent the Tow Bar) or an Agri-Fab Cart . It was the One Implement I was always cheap On was Tow behind Garden Carts (y)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Yes, I am not paying a premium on any of these carts.

Cover was delivered today. It isn’t the heated version, but at least it will keep her clean.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts