Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you (or any JD dealer) search other dealers inventory for NLA (No Longer Available) parts?

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
You can get some from GFP.

·
Premium Member
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Comes back to the part number that replaced the NLA part when I put the P/N in GFP search. That's why I asked

·
Registered
22,699 Posts
Comes back to the part number that replaced the NLA part when I put the P/N in GFP search. That's why I asked
Might be worth an email or phone call to GFP - they seem to be very accommodating to special requests. Maybe they have a source to find parts like this that isn't available on their website.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
ime you have to search 'john deere [insert p/n here]' in google and usually something will come up.

·
Premium Member
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I tried and P/N comes up to the replacement P/N

Might be worth an email or phone call to GFP - they seem to be very accommodating to special requests. Maybe they have a source to find parts like this that isn't available on their website.
I did one better. I went to their store. It makes our local dealer's 1 million dollar store look tiny! They did check on the NLA part I was interested in and were able to tell me the name and phone number of a JD that has 14 in stock. I just have to give them a call and see if they will send them to me. I thought I meet Jeff, I even PMed him two days earlier and never got a reply. Still have not received a reply from him.

ime you have to search 'john deere [insert p/n here]' in google and usually something will come up.
I did try that first. It would take me various JD dealer selling on, but the NLA P/N would be changed to the replacement P/N.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I tried and P/N comes up to the replacement P/N

I did one better. I went to their store. It makes our local dealer's 1 million dollar store look tiny! They did check on the NLA part I was interested in and were able to tell me the name and phone number of a JD that has 14 in stock. I just have to give them a call and see if they will send them to me. I thought I meet Jeff, I even PMed him two days earlier and never got a reply. Still have not received a reply from him.

I did try that first. It would take me various JD dealer selling on, but the NLA P/N would be changed to the replacement P/N.
I guess i'm having trouble understanding you. If it comes up with a replacement p/n, whats the big problem?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I guess i'm having trouble understanding you. If it comes up with a replacement p/n, whats the big problem?
A replacement part number can mean an entire gearbox vs. an access cover on an old one. (sub-assemblies vs. individual parts)

·
Premium Member
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a big problem. More an anal problem :laugh: :flag_of_truce: I wanted spare "all wheel steer" stickers. They are NLA and you can only buy the latest " 4 wheel steer" stickers.

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Not a big problem. More an anal problem :laugh: :flag_of_truce: I wanted spare "all wheel steer" stickers. They are NLA and you can only buy the latest " 4 wheel steer" stickers.
I agree Zebrafive. Keep it like it was the day it was born. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
:nunu:so this was a part for the tease thread -huh!!!:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Dealer was able to do a search and found another dealer with 14 in inventory, but because it's a NLA part could not put a price on it. Today I called that dealer and told him what was going on. He said he needed to personally check inventory (didn't trust computers). Came back and said he DOES have the part, "How many do you want?" Since they are NLA I bought four :yahoo: I may never need four, but like having them stashed away :greentractorride: make me feel good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts