Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the factory shut down for a conversion to add the new M series heavy duty or something else? My dealer says the factory shows no availability?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is the factory shut down for a conversion to add the new M series heavy duty or something else? My dealer says the factory shows no availability?

Thanks
When I placed my order for my 4052R in January, the dealer had one 4066R cab model that had been on order for a year. The original purchaser couldn't wait and got something else, but the tractor was still sold before it showed up. I was told fall for a new 4066R, so I went with the 4052R which showed late April arrival.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. Wonder why the hold up? I am wanting open canopy not a cab so that can't be the holdup

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Most dealers seem to be chain stores now days. Might try and see if there is another dealer part of a different chain they might have what your looking for in stock. I have 2 different JD dealer chains 4 total stores all within 80 miles of my home. Seems like everyone that wants to order something special built, has to wait for ever for them. Most of these machines can be upgraded with the options you want at the dealer all with JD parts with JD warranty and still available with the 0% terms if done at time of sale.

You can also search machinefinder for 1hr machines which are really brand new machines only listed as used, you might find something you like there as well. I was looking at an OPS 4044R with loader for 33500 listed with 1hr on it which that would indicate it is new, also shows in the notes that 0% was available which that is also generally only available on new machines.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
There is two new ops 4066Rs on machine finder that appear to be new. Both listed with 1hr.

Not sure where your located but transport of something like this is likely in the $750-1500 price range depending on distance.

·
Registered
182 Posts
All of the 1-4 series are made in the same plant in Augusta Ga. They can't make them all simultaneously. So, they make them in batches. I waited almost 8 months from order to delivery. My dealer got 5 delivered at the same time, 4 of them were pre sold. Then got 4 more the following week, of which all were pre sold.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,522 Posts
Was told they only build two different series at a time for a production run, looks like they build the 4 series in the last half of the year.

Waited 6 months for mine.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Was told they only build two different series at a time for a production run, looks like they build the 4 series in the last half of the year.

Waited 6 months for mine.
The video tour of the Augusta plant that TTWT posted seems to indicate that they’re building them all at once on separate assembly lines. Maybe he’ll weigh in.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,522 Posts
The video tour of the Augusta plant that TTWT posted seems to indicate that they’re building them all at once on separate assembly lines. Maybe he’ll weigh in.
Was told they only have 2 assembly lines for the 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 series.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Ordered my 2025 in December and have 1st week of June projected build. That will slip further now as the plants start shutting down. I am thinking of walking away from my deposit and getting a Kubota B2560 with cab. 3 range transmission, and air conditioning Within $1,000 of the 2025 with cab and no air. Oh and they have them on hand.

·
Registered
182 Posts
there is a reason they are on hand...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
there is a reason they are on hand...
Good Question supposedly solid tractor. It is an odd color and a metal hood. I have not even looked. At one or driven one yet just looked on the internet.

Deere is way behind in their manufacturing nimbleness compared to other global companies . They want to work off massive locked in build schedules and customer order boards. They will need to get more nimble in how they manufacture to compete Globally today. Folks expect to order custom and get it built in a decent time

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Me thinks they are having trouble keeping up with the high demand. Compact tractors are hot items right now.

Dave

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Ordered my 2025 in December and have 1st week of June projected build. That will slip further now as the plants start shutting down. I am thinking of walking away from my deposit and getting a Kubota B2560 with cab. 3 range transmission, and air conditioning Within $1,000 of the 2025 with cab and no air. Oh and they have them on hand.
Don't do it, that color will drive you insane. In the meantime go find a 2-5 year old JD and just wait it out and/or cancel your order.

·
Registered
182 Posts
He says in the begining that they are on the 1 and 2 series line - so those 2 are definitely sharing a line
The second video the guy clearly states this is where we make the 3R, 4R and 4M models
So, almost certainly 2 lines for those tractors, I timestamped the videos so they start at when they say what lines are for what

The videos also showed 5 series on trucks and I think they have a seperate plant/building for 5 series there, but nothing is shared with the 1-4 lines. I am only 90 minutes away, I should drive out there one day and look around after the covid stuff blows over.

·
Premium Member
8,426 Posts
Wouldn't blame you if you went to look.

It will either confirm that waiting for the tractor you ordered is worth it, or not.

I have heard that A/C takes some HP to run. I would want to see how it did under load with only 25 hp to work with.

As far as the 3 range transmission, I'll never have a hydro tractor without it. Mid range is like a Goldie Locks gear and low range is nothing but grunt.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
He says in the begining that they are on the 1 and 2 series line - so those 2 are definitely sharing a line
The second video the guy clearly states this is where we make the 3R, 4R and 4M models
So, almost certainly 2 lines for those tractors, I timestamped the videos so they start at when they say what lines are for what

The videos also showed 5 series on trucks and I think they have a seperate plant/building for 5 series there, but nothing is shared with the 1-4 lines. I am only 90 minutes away, I should drive out there one day and look around after the covid stuff blows over.
That’s what I got out of it. They have separate lines for the 1-2 and the 3-4. They must have been assembling tractors on both lines at the same time because Tim posted videos of both. Tim did say the 5 series was being assembled there too, but they weren’t allowed to view it at that time. He seemed to suspect a new rollout of the 5 series is coming.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think the 1-2 and 3-4 are in seperate buildings - notice he said 3R, 4R and 4M - leaving out the 3E, which may share something with either the 1-2 and the 3-4 building could be shared with the 5 series as well.

Back to the original things though. They definitely don't produce all of them at once, they go in rotation and none of us have a clue as to the order or frequency of rotation, but many of us have waited 4-6 months for our tractors to be built.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
1023/1025/2025 are on one line. Produced in any order. Might be a 1023e followed by a 2025r, etc

2032r and 2038r share their own line...we didn’t have time to see that...or sorta forgot!

3,4R,4m share a line...again, produced in any order. I think you see a 3 and 4 in final testing at the same time in the video. So, a 3R might be followed by a 4m, 4R, whatever. They do NOT build them in batches.

3e is mostly built in India...with a shorter line in Augusta. We showed some of that line in b roll, but didn’t discuss it much.

5m/5R are across the street, along with final assembly on the 5e.

Please disregard anything “you’ve heard” different from that. We saw it with our own eyes, and the videos back it up.

Now, why a 1 yr wait? Probably a dependence on parts from Japan or India. There was an engine shortage last year due to earthquake in Japan. Perhaps that has never been fully resolved. No idea.
In any case, I doubt that the hold up is due to Augusta, as they build as parts arrive.

Tim

1 - 20 of 45 Posts