Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Old Pa-pa
11,522 Posts
1023/1025/2025 are on one line. Produced in any order. Might be a 1023e followed by a 2025r, etc

2032r and 2038r share their own line...we didn’t have time to see that...or sorta forgot!

3,4R,4m share a line...again, produced in any order. I think you see a 3 and 4 in final testing at the same time in the video. So, a 3R might be followed by a 4m, 4R, whatever. They do NOT build them in batches.

3e is mostly built in India...with a shorter line in Augusta. We showed some of that line in b roll, but didn’t discuss it much.

5m/5R are across the street, along with final assembly on the 5e.

Please disregard anything “you’ve heard” different from that. We saw it with our own eyes, and the videos back it up.

Now, why a 1 yr wait? Probably a dependence on parts from Japan or India. There was an engine shortage last year due to earthquake in Japan. Perhaps that has never been fully resolved. No idea.
In any case, I doubt that the hold up is due to Augusta, as they build as parts arrive.

Tim
Please disregard anything “you’ve heard” different from that. We saw it with our own eyes, and the videos back it up.
Thanks Tim !!(y)
That's more info than I got from anybody while waiting 6 months for my 4066r last year.

·
Registered
182 Posts
1023/1025/2025 are on one line. Produced in any order. Might be a 1023e followed by a 2025r, etc

2032r and 2038r share their own line...we didn’t have time to see that...or sorta forgot!

3,4R,4m share a line...again, produced in any order. I think you see a 3 and 4 in final testing at the same time in the video. So, a 3R might be followed by a 4m, 4R, whatever. They do NOT build them in batches.

3e is mostly built in India...with a shorter line in Augusta. We showed some of that line in b roll, but didn’t discuss it much.

5m/5R are across the street, along with final assembly on the 5e.

Now, why a 1 yr wait? Probably a dependence on parts from Japan or India. There was an engine shortage last year due to earthquake in Japan. Perhaps that has never been fully resolved. No idea.
In any case, I doubt that the hold up is due to Augusta, as they build as parts arrive.

Tim
Thanks Tim !!(y)
That's more info than I got from anybody while waiting 6 months for my 4066r last year.
Yup, same. I waited 6 months for a 4044R and a ton showe dup the same day...maybe the batches are for the dealers and not necesarily how they roll off the line - because they definitely got a ton of 4 series all at the same time....

I knew there were 2 buildings, so the 1-4 is one building and 5M/R is the second building then.

@Tractor Tim why didn't you go into the 5 series building?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
@Tractor Tim why didn't you go into the 5 series building?
They said they were doing something super secret, so they could not show it. Presumably building a prototype for a new model??? I dunno.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
They said they were doing something super secret, so they could not show it. Presumably building a prototype for a new model??? I dunno.
Hopefully they are working on an all new E-hydro trans 5 Series.
That would be really awesome IMO.

I have chosen to stick with the 4Rs a couple times now do to the E-hydro transmission that the 4R offers and the 5 series doesn't.

Although there were several marks in the 5 series pro's column on my pro's and con's list, that geared trans was the big con for loader work compared to a 4 series e-hydro option.

I would love to see an E-hydro 5 Series.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hopefully they are working on an all new E-hydro trans 5 Series.
That would be really awesome IMO.

I have chosen to stick with the 4Rs a couple times now do to the E-hydro transmission that the 4R offers and the 5 series doesn't.

Although there were several marks in the 5 series pro's column on my pro's and con's list, that geared trans was the big con for loader work compared to a 4 series e-hydro option.

I have no idea. They were tight lipped on this topic.

I agree that the shuttle shift in the 5e's is not nearly as nice for loader work as a hydrostatic transmission. ...but then again, for a 5e, one might want to pull ground engaging implements for hours at a time. So, the hydro would need to be STRONG to be able to handle that!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I really like my 4066r with cab and e-hydro. However, the cab is a little small (or I am a little big) so a larger cab would be nice. But, I would hate to lose the hydrostatic transmission. So a 5R series tractor with a heavy duty hydro would be the ideal tractor for me. The longer wheelbase would make for a better ride with less bouncing and the cab, especially with the panoramic roof, would be impressive. So, I hope that Deere has something crazy like this in development.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My local dealer has a 4066r and 4052r, both cab, that he just got in last week. I just got my 3033R but I must say, I've got 4R series envy going strong right now. Especially after I saw that the 4R isnt much larger than a 3R but is lots more capable.

Should have gotten a 4044 lol.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I really like my 4066r with cab and e-hydro. However, the cab is a little small (or I am a little big) so a larger cab would be nice. But, I would hate to lose the hydrostatic transmission. So a 5R series tractor with a heavy duty hydro would be the ideal tractor for me. The longer wheelbase would make for a better ride with less bouncing and the cab, especially with the panoramic roof, would be impressive. So, I hope that Deere has something crazy like this in development.
All of the above are the same key reasons why I would jump at the chance to trade up to an E-hydro 5 series if they were to ever make such a machine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tractor Tim, you made mention of 3R and 3E but what about the 3D? Do you know if they are built at the Georgia plant or in India?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Tractor Tim, you made mention of 3R and 3E but what about the 3D? Do you know if they are built at the Georgia plant or in India?
India. 3D and 3E are very similar.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I Would love to see the 5R's available proportional electro-hydraulic loader joystick rolled down to the 3R and 4R. That would be sweet! It would most likely also enable two functions at once. It would also ease assembly for Deere on the cab units, as they would no longer need cables from the joystick to the remote valve.

C'mon Deere. Please?

Jeff

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
^^^^^ That is super cool!!! ^^^^^ Why do we not have this here?. Roughly $5000 US is a bit steep, but worth it for better control of loader or whatever may be hooked to SCV 1&2 via a diverter (In the case of a 3 series)

I assume the little raised pod is the electronic 3 point? What are the three buttons/lights to the side of the joystick?

I want one!!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I thought all 1,2,3,and 4s were made here in the US and exported.
If that is true why would they limit any feature like that for export only?

I would have to know more about it, what it all does, but I might have wanted that option on my Cab 4066R.

·
Registered
94 Posts
[QUOTE = "Jet Dr., Post: 3443718, Mitglied: 104986"]
^^^^^ Das ist super cool !!! ^^^^^ Warum haben wir das hier nicht?. Etwa 5000 US-Dollar sind etwas steil, aber es lohnt sich für eine bessere Kontrolle des Laders oder was auch immer über einen Umsteller an SCV 1 & 2 angeschlossen werden kann (im Fall eines 3er)

Ich nehme an, der kleine erhabene Pod ist der elektronische 3-Punkt? Was sind die drei Tasten / Lichter an der Seite des Joysticks?

Ich will eins!!

Jeff
[/ ZITAT]
.Ja ist eine elektronische 3-Punkt-Steuerung
.The Buttons are , lock and Open the Joystick - Joystick Speed and floating

·
Registered
94 Posts
[QUOTE = "cc1999, Beitrag: 3443762, Mitglied: 17866"]
Ich dachte, alle 1,2,3 und 4s wurden hier in den USA hergestellt und exportiert.
Wenn dies zutrifft, warum sollten sie solche Funktionen nur für den Export einschränken?

Ich müsste mehr darüber wissen, was das alles macht, aber ich hätte mir diese Option für mein Cab 4066R gewünscht.
[/ ZITAT]
yes made in USA , this Options only for Europe

I need the Backhoe, its not avalibale in europe... i dont understand this

21 - 40 of 45 Posts