Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So been looking for a quick hitch. Really would like to find one of the hitches that do not require the bushings as I have a decent amount of implements. I know Speeco makes one. I also found a ranchex online but cannot find in stock anywhere. Does anyone have any other recommendations. the speeco sells for close to 300 and the ranchex is listed at 149. I would like to stay on the lower end of the cost. I have also thought of the pats quick change and this maybe the way I go if I cannot find the others

·
Premium Member
16,062 Posts
Land Pride makes the QH05 which does not require bushings.

Reactions: Rule292

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have the HF QH and bought the cat 1-2 and cat 2-3 bushings at TSC. The QH fits just inside the pins in the lift pin holes to hold the bushings in place. Can move them from one implement to the other.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Land Pride makes the QH05 which does not require bushings.
The QH05 and QH10 look like nice pieces of equipment.

I'm new to this stuff. What's the downside of not requiring a bushing - not fitting the larger cat 2 pins on something like a larger implement that's not Cat 1?

·
Registered
844 Posts
The arm spread is different on all the categories so you won't be using a cat 1 QH on a cat 2 implement without modifying the pin distance anyway.

The only reason I can think of for why they made all these quick hitches with cat 3 loops is so they can use the same parts across the different category hitches and just space them differently. The hitch will actually work without bushings but we are all anal enough it bugs us.

I had a quick hitch long before they came out with the dedicated bushing and roll pin deal so all my impements have the stacked cat 1 to 2 and cat 2 to 3 bushings. Those were just over a buck a piece at Agri Supply where I bought my hitch so I stocked up and fitted all the implements with them. Wouldn't make sense to me to have to move bushings from implement to implement to use a " quick hitch".

At the price of those dedicated bushings I wouldn't be buying them anyway.

·
Registered
598 Posts
The fit is very sloppy without bushings on mine. They're about $1 each when bought in bulk so it's not a big expense but it sure makes the attachment more stable.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I have been using a Ranchex for over two (2) years. It fits everything. Buy the RanchEx, buy the bushings, and be happy forever. In the picture below I have modified my aerator making it Imatch compatible.

·
Premium Member
16,062 Posts
The QH05 and QH10 look like nice pieces of equipment.

I'm new to this stuff. What's the downside of not requiring a bushing - not fitting the larger cat 2 pins on something like a larger implement that's not Cat 1?
No downside. You can't put a Cat-2 implement on a Cat-1 quick hitch anyway. It's odd that more manufacturers don't make bushing-less quick hitches.

·
Premium Member
16,062 Posts
The only reason I can think of for why they made all these quick hitches with cat 3 loops is so they can use the same parts across the different category hitches and just space them differently. The hitch will actually work without bushings but we are all anal enough it bugs us.
I don't think that is the reason. Just because they used Cat-3 sized hooks on a quick hitch does not make it a Cat-3 quick hitch. It's still a Cat-1 hitch with larger diameter cutouts.

If you ever saw a true Cat-3 quick hitch you would know what I mean. They are HUGE and HEAVY.

Take a look at this chart of Land Pride quick hitches. Note the lifting capacity and unit weight of the Cat-3 hitch compared to the Cat-1 hitch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts