Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
17,826 Posts
Land Pride makes the QH05 which does not require bushings.

Reactions: Rule292

· Premium Member
17,826 Posts
The QH05 and QH10 look like nice pieces of equipment.

I'm new to this stuff. What's the downside of not requiring a bushing - not fitting the larger cat 2 pins on something like a larger implement that's not Cat 1?
No downside. You can't put a Cat-2 implement on a Cat-1 quick hitch anyway. It's odd that more manufacturers don't make bushing-less quick hitches.

· Premium Member
17,826 Posts
The only reason I can think of for why they made all these quick hitches with cat 3 loops is so they can use the same parts across the different category hitches and just space them differently. The hitch will actually work without bushings but we are all anal enough it bugs us.
I don't think that is the reason. Just because they used Cat-3 sized hooks on a quick hitch does not make it a Cat-3 quick hitch. It's still a Cat-1 hitch with larger diameter cutouts.

If you ever saw a true Cat-3 quick hitch you would know what I mean. They are HUGE and HEAVY.

Take a look at this chart of Land Pride quick hitches. Note the lifting capacity and unit weight of the Cat-3 hitch compared to the Cat-1 hitch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.