Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I hear from customers sometimes about me using PayPal as my merchant service, and some refuse to purchase because of it or ask if they can send me a check to pay-which is fine. The fact is it's convenient, efficient, and affordable plus and I don't have the time to do a complete web redesign and search out-switch to a new merchant service.

When guy went on a huge political rant about PayPal when the whole "bathroom" issue was in the news-then I saw he was using gmail, I guess he thought Google is some great conservative company :lolol:
I know my dad loves using their plug-in for his web clients. He was somewhat shocked that I wouldn't entertain the notion of using them. I even told him to never mention it again, and that it was not a flexible position on my side.

I'll stand on a corner holding a sign before I give paypal any more money.

I'm actually in a class-action suit against Paypal right now, because they took my credit card funds sent to an ebay seller from a different account than the one they had previously suspended with the fraud issue. Different address, different email, different credit card, and no social to verify which "me" I am. There's over 140 people in the US with my name. They've started stealing from "us" because of one suspended account, and I'm not the only one they've done it to. The suit isn't all the people with my name, it's all the people wrongly robbed via paypal's illegal practices. The lawyers of the class action identified my account from the paypal records and contacted me to participate. I jumped on that like a fat kid to cake!

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
I know my dad loves using their plug-in for his web clients. He was somewhat shocked that I wouldn't entertain the notion of using them. I even told him to never mention it again, and that it was not a flexible position on my side.

I'll stand on a corner holding a sign before I give paypal any more money.

I'm actually in a class-action suit against Paypal right now, because they took my credit card funds sent to an ebay seller from a different account than the one they had previously suspended with the fraud issue. Different address, different email, different credit card, and no social to verify which "me" I am. There's over 140 people in the US with my name. They've started stealing from "us" because of one suspended account, and I'm not the only one they've done it to. The suit isn't all the people with my name, it's all the people wrongly robbed via paypal's illegal practices. The lawyers of the class action identified my account from the paypal records and contacted me to participate. I jumped on that like a fat kid to cake![/QUOTE] :munch:hey-watch that= i have feelings too.:lol::lolol:

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
I've got nothing but love for fat kids, Jim. You just gotta be quick if you want cake around them. :lolol:
depending on what brand of cake mix and icing for me:munch:

·
Administrator
20,171 Posts
This thread is really about GFP having a PayPal issue, not about everyone's personal feelings towards PayPal and whether or not they like it or use it. Please, let's not derail this thread any further. :hi:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't use paypal anymore. I know several small business owners who do use them as their processor. I heard they require the big PAYPAL logo on the page (probably part of the web design package). Since my account changed to chinese characters and I had to fix it over and over, I quit using them. Their phone support was helping until they noted I was a small time user and hung up on me. Hopefully green farm parts gets it resolved. I'm sure they've lost out on some revenue.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I certainly did learn quite a bit about PayPal on this one! I keep one CC on PP and no checking accts on ANY SITE. Anyway, I got an email from GFP "You have a cart full of parts...". I Emailed them back with a brief description of what happened at the checkout page. I also told them I would still be using them again because they have always given me good service in the past. They have been quick to ship and took care of a problem I had right quick!

"PAY NOW":lol:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts