Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends! Last week I swapped my MMM out for the loader and backhoe, everything seemed fine then, I actually had the easiest time getting the backhoe attached than I ever have (of course). Went to take the backhoe off today and found no power to it. I checked both the hoses and they seemed 'limp' like maybe they weren't getting pressure, I reseated both of them, easily, which I assume means no pressure. I put the loader bucket into float and tried, same, I turned the tractor off and tried to release pressure from the loader/3pt, same. I got it onto level ground and checked the dipstick to the right and rear of the seat (from the perspective of the tractor operator), there was fluid on it. I know there's a sight glass somewhere but with the backhoe on I can't seem to find it. I'm still about 20 hours away from my 200 hour maintenance, if I find it low, can I just add some? I've never had to add any before, I assume I let it cool, and fill slowly to half way? Or do I rely on the dipstick? Can't find any of this in the manual :(

Thanks for looking guys.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,091 Posts
There may not be a sight glass at all. Some red hydraulic dye would help here. Adding a bit of fluid shouldn't be an issue if its low.
Try to connect your PB loop on tractor to itself and see if the rockshaft arms will move. If that works then problem is in the Backhoe somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There may not be a sight glass at all. Some red hydraulic dye would help here. Adding a bit of fluid shouldn't be an issue if its low.
Try to connect your PB loop on tractor to itself and see if the rockshaft arms will move. If that works then problem is in the Backhoe somewhere.
I think rockshafts are the 3 point arms, if so, they operate normally. I did just pull the lines to the backhoe again and clean them real well (they looked pretty clean) I was able to press on each of the little nipples inside of the fitting and they just had no kind of pressure in them. Put them back together and it works again. So, not sure what's going on.... Thank you very much for your reply.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
Joined
·
14,802 Posts
Sometimes, when the hoses "seem" connected, they aren't fully seated in the couplers. If you were able to disconnect the lines and reconnect them and resolve the problem, it would seem reasonable they weren't fully coupled before. The very first thing to always do when you aren't getting hydraulic flow is to disconnect and reconnect the couplings. That often solves the majority of such problems.........and it seems to have resolved your machines issue as well.

If you have had no fluid loss / leaks and everything has been working, the fluid level is likely within the acceptable range, especially if you have used the machine for 180 hours. When you do perform the service, make sure to measure and track the fluid as you are refilling the machine because you can add fluid and if you aren't keeping track of how much fluid you are adding, suddenly the machine reaches full or even over full. By pouring into a measuring pitcher, you can know exactly how much fluid you have poured back into the machine.

You can pick up a two quart or even a gallon "kitchen measuring" container which is handy for service work. Same with the engine oil change and adding motor oil, the capacity on the "Series 2" 2025r is 2.7liters or 0.59 gallons of oil. How do you measure 0.59 gallons of oil when pouring out of quart oil cans?

Something like this is very handy to keep in your shop. I wipe my measuring container out between uses and store it in a large zip lock bag some laundry detergent container was shipped in to me from Amazon. The plastic bag keeps it clean between uses...........

[/URL]
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
'21 2025R TLB, 60" MMM; Load & Go; BB2048L; iMatch, AP10F; Ohio Steel lawn roller; Core Aerator
Joined
·
251 Posts
SulleyBear offers good advice when he says sometimes the hydraulics seem attached but they aren't.

Two days ago I was putting my backhoe on my 2025R. I had lined up the bottom attachment points, coupled the hydraulics, and was lining up the top pins using the backhoe controls when the backhoe controls went dead and the tractor engine started to lug. The hydraulic couplers looked OK, but in hindsight, I realize one or the other had not been fully seated. The backhoe worked only momentarily.

After a minute or two scratching my head. I shut the engine off and reattached the hydraulic lines. I had to use my rubber mallet to tap the male end of the power beyond and release the pressure. Be sure to wrap a rag around it, I got a big shot of hydraulic oil.

Everything went back together perfectly then.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top