Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather was nice today so I went out and mounted a couple LED lights to the rear of my 4044R cab. The cab is pre-wired and I installed the proper deere switch into the cab. Not a problem. Threw the switch, only the right rear light came on. Unplugged both lights to check for voltage, no power to the right light but i had 12V at the left light. Plugged them both in and nothing to either light.

All fuses and relays are good and the front lights work fine. What gives? I'm thinking the LED's just don't have the resistance to allow the proper current flow or trip the relay? Ideas?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solved. When I wired up the lights I purchased some sockets from ebay to make it look "factory." I soldered them up red to red and black to black. Checked polarity with a spare battery and just plugged them into the tractor. This is where I messed up. The sockets were keyed opposite to the deere plugs and thus reversed the polarity. SO moral of the story check polarity to ground BEFORE you solder on the connectors.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Be aware that the factory rear lights will not work unless the factory front cab lights are on.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts