Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon
I have a John Deere 2305 with a mower deck as well. I was mowing the other day an got off to move some branches an when I got back on I had lost all power. Motor still runs good an mower still works fine as well just no go power. I have changed the fuel, air, oil an trans filters an oils where need be. Also pulled screen out an cleaned it as well but I still have no go power. What am I missing?
Thank you for your help
Countrygal

·
Administrator
20,364 Posts
:wgtt:

You'll have much better luck, more views, and a lot more responses if you post your question the the SCUT forum here. :good2:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Welcome to GTT
Not sure if it matters but- is your diff lock hung up, 4 whl drive lever hung up?
Parking brake locked?
Stick jammed in your pedal linkage?

5. Machine does not
move when forward or
reverse pedals are
pressed.
a. Hydraulic oil level low in
transaxle. See Operators manual.
b. Parking brake engaged or
malfunctioning, or park brake
switch misadjusted or
malfunctioning.
c. Seat switch malfunction. See
Electrical section.
d. Low charge pressure. See
“Charge Pressure and
Hydrostatic High Pressure Relief
Pressure Test” on page 215.
e. Internal pump or motor
damage or excessive wear. See
“Charge Pressure and
Hydrostatic High Pressure Relief
Pressure Test” on page 215.
f. Transaxle malfunction.

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good Afternoon
I have a John Deere 2305 with a mower deck as well. I was mowing the other day an got off to move some branches an when I got back on I had lost all power. Motor still runs good an mower still works fine as well just no go power. I have changed the fuel, air, oil an trans filters an oils where need be. Also pulled screen out an cleaned it as well but I still have no go power. What am I missing?
Thank you for your help
Countrygal
What do you mean by no power? Does the engine rev up to the PTO mark with the PTO engaged? Does the tractor move forward/reverse when you push the pedals?

Doug

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,203 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts

Welcome from New York.

More info please, do you have a FEL ... i.e. do any of the other hydraulics work?

·
Registered
10,299 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you mean by no power? Does the engine rev up to the PTO mark with the PTO engaged? Does the tractor move forward/reverse when you push the pedals?

Doug
Motor fires up an runs fine but when I press the forward or reverse pedal I am creeping along motor is revved at 22 an its only creeping. Pedals feel stiff as well

·
Super Moderator
7,916 Posts
Good Afternoon
Thank you for your help
Countrygal
Is the engine able to run at the PTO designated speed (~ 3000 RPM?)

When you say the rig has no power is there any chance you're trying to mow in High range?

Is there any possibility that you may have a branch stuck in the directional control pedal linkage? :unknown:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts