Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Winter storm stalled out over Illinois and went straigt NNE. I'm so pissed! We went from like 6 to 8" of snow to all rain. Talk about getting your hopes up to use the RB2060 and work lights just to get nothing!!!! NOOOOOOOO :cray:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Winter storm stalled out over Illinois and went straigt NNE. I'm so pissed! We went from like 6 to 8" of snow to all rain. Talk about getting your hopes up to use the RB2060 and work lights just to get nothing!!!! NOOOOOOOO :cray:
I'm in Holland, Michigan. We are catching your "weather event". News channel has all hands on deck. the good the bad & the ugly. people who definitely have a radio face :)

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I'm in Holland, Michigan. We are catching your "weather event". News channel has all hands on deck. the good the bad & the ugly. people who definitely have a radio face :)
Wish I could catch some of you mid-USA folk's "weather events" here in the East! It's so disappointing looking back to the '50's and '60's...

I love it when the weather reports get nasty and the girls are wearing high boots in the studio like they're going to have to make a run for it... and the guys don't even have galoshes on!:laugh:

I totally gave up the new Weather Channel. It became a blend of "Americas Got No Talent" and "Animal Planet", I can't even get animated local radar anymore. Which is why I have a dozen radars in the computer.:laugh:

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Wish I could catch some of you mid-USA folk's "weather events" here in the East! It's so disappointing looking back to the '50's and '60's...

I love it when the weather reports get nasty and the girls are wearing high boots in the studio like they're going to have to make a run for it... and the guys don't even have galoshes on!:laugh:

I totally gave up the new Weather Channel. It became a blend of "Americas Got No Talent" and "Animal Planet", I can't even get animated local radar anymore. Which is why I have a dozen radars in the computer.:laugh:

I use a program called Weatherbug. You can download it at Local and National Weather Conditions & Forecast - WeatherBug.com. The bad news is that I never did like the newer version, so I am still using one from 2004. It allows me to select the reporting station closest to me. I always choose to select an official reporting station and currently it shows my temp as 3 degrees F. Also, it is like so many other programs nowadays where you have to uncheck the boxes or you will get additional software you did not want.

Dave

·
Registered
588 Posts
Here in Metro Detroit, this 10" of wet stuff event is coming to an end. I just spent about the last 2hrs. plowing about 9" of it, that little green machine amazed me again as to how well it moved that wet stuff with loaded turf tires and no chains in high range. BTW the temp gauge runs about 1/4" above the peg in the green range, which has been the norm for me and the ambient temp was about 30F, for some of you with 1 series temp concerns.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had a similar experience last Thursday and Friday with my 1025R with the 54 inch blade. WE got about 11" and I pushed that stuff all outta the way like it was no big deal.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
We had 12" of snow and that would have no problem, but the 2 1/2' drifts were a little more work. We got it done, but it took just a little longer. I would not have been able to do it without the FEL. The 2060 blade come in handy for final clean up.

My temp did not get up to normal but with -9 temp and -29 windchill, I kind of expected that even running for couple hours at 2500 rpm. I also put some cardboard in front of the radiator.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
In addition to my previous post above, I added pictures of before and after of the snow storm and what the 1025R did:

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
In addition to my previous post above, I added pictures of before and after of the snow storm and what the 1025R did:

That looks exactly like my 1025R snow removal unit, minus the head banger ROPS. I use the rear blade to clear the snow, then the FEL to clean up. I have not used the JD 3032SE walk behind 30 inch snow blower yet and probably will not. I am already thinking about selling it. I have only used it two winters, so it is still like new.

Good looking place.:drinks:

·
Registered
29 Posts
That looks exactly like my 1025R snow removal unit, minus the head banger ROPS. I use the rear blade to clear the snow, then the FEL to clean up. I have not used the JD 3032SE walk behind 30 inch snow blower yet and probably will not. I am already thinking about selling it. I have only used it two winters, so it is still like new.

Good looking place.:drinks:
Ill bring my trailer by tomorrow to pick that unwanted snow blower up. Heading to a job in Marysville KS in the AM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Ill bring my trailer by tomorrow to pick that unwanted snow blower up. Heading to a job in Marysville KS in the AM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
PM me if you are really interested in the snow blower. It is 30 inch and weights 300 lbs. Heated handles, power rotate and power chute u/p down and has a snow cab.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

Weather Channel went in the pooper once MSNBC took it over. Local on the 8s? Yeah, when the sun is shinning only, it seems. Waste of bandwidth anymore.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Weather Channel went in the pooper once MSNBC took it over. Local on the 8s? Yeah, when the sun is shinning only, it seems. Waste of bandwidth anymore.
That would explain why I saw a banner going across the screen today on TWC saying that Direct TV was "dropping" them and viewers should call them and complain.

Great pics in this thread guys! Sure glad I don't live in the midwest this winter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts