Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phil did not see his shadow this morning so it’s time to start getting all of the Spring tools and equipment.

We have 1* and freezing fog, it was 6* in Punxsutawney when they pulled out if they are having freezing fog it would have helped with the no shadow.

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
Phil did not see his shadow this morning so it’s time to start getting all of the Spring tools and equipment.

We have 1* and freezing fog, it was 6* in Punxsutawney when they pulled out if they are having freezing fog it would have helped with the no shadow.
The real question is will Bill Murray relive this day over and over and over.........???

That actually is a pretty funny movie.........When he and Phil steal the pick up truck and race out of town being pursed by the Police and over the cliff into the gravel pit they go, only to awaken to Sonny and Cher music in the morning, once again..................:laugh::lol:

I like when movie's are more about a story line and less about "Super Hero's" and ridiculous special effects with green screens, which seems like 95% of the new movies made..............no wonder I haven't been in the theater's in decades.....yes, decades.......

·
Premium Member
7,434 Posts
We had a sun rise here and 17°, so Phil would have seen his shadow. There is partial sun now, enough for a shadow.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Hmmmm....6 weeks till spring :greentractorride: or 6 weeks more of winter :plowsnow: maybe it's just me but no matter what we got 6 weeks of BS to deal with no matter what.:munch:

·
Premium Member
7,434 Posts
I am guessing more like 8 more weeks of winter, April can't get here soon enough for me!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I love the snow, but have lots of projects waiting for Spring too, that Id love to get an early start on.
We had -18 and -50 wind chills on Wednesday, supposed to hit 55 tomorrow. Thats Indiana!
As to the early Spring, well, Ill believe it when I see it. We still have a long way to go, and there is always some kind of ice storm in March, so until thats over, Im just going to stick to being in Winter mode.

·
Premium Member
13,951 Posts
Hmmmm....6 weeks till spring :greentractorride: or 6 weeks more of winter :plowsnow: maybe it's just me but no matter what we got 6 weeks of BS to deal with no matter what.:munch:

That has always been my thought, either way we have 6 weeks of weather, good or bad. :dunno:

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
Wonder what the accuracy is of Phil's predictions. Since it is such a short time frame of only a couple of months, I am sure someone or several someone's have tracked Phil's accuracy to his declaration......

Also, is Phil actually seeing HIS shadow, or is it Phil's handler who is seeing "Phil's Shadow"?

Does Phil collect unemployment the other 364 days a year he isn't working? He puts in that "Long HOUR" today, and then is off work till next February.

Sounds Like Phil has got quite the gig going. I will have to read more about Phil as I am not really sure if he is a Wood Chuck or what his family tree is......other than he comes out of it and claims to make declarations about the weather.

Willard Scott used to really get into Phil and the whole scene. Old Willard was a goof ole boy and often got so busy socializing, he almost forgot to actually do the weather...............Now we have winter storms with names....:dunno::munch:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts