Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks

Was out clearing snow ready to head back to trailer when tractor died. Thought I smelled something funny. Cobbled some tools together as I now realize I don’t have metric tools in my truck. The fuse f08 ignition run power was blown. Wires etc look fine. Where do I start. I was able to push it back but the tractor is sitting on the corner of a turn on a very small 2 lane road

Note fluids etc. Fine. Battery has power to lights

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
This thread may offer some help.

1025r Keeps blowing Ignition run power fuse

Its seems like the seat switch could be the culprit, or was at least for someone.
Then of course there was no actual solution posted, except that the main issue was resolved by unplugging and re-plugging several connectors, or a cleaning.

Hope you get it figured out fast.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Check the wiring from the fuse block to the iginition switch for any problems such as freys or bare spots. Did your fuse block possibly get wet? Maybe the ignition swith itself. Just brainstorming. :confused:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Starting to pull everything apart to diagnose. I found under the 4wd lever where the light shines a random clip. Doesn’t appear as it had wires in it or not or Deere left it down there to keep me guessing

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,313 Posts
That is just a cap to an unused plug.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem solved

Yup. You’re right Kenny, there’s lots of those.

After disconnecting and cleaning (all were fine) every clip, wire and sensor I found the one... the front PTO speed sensor. Strange how it has anything to do with the ignition run fuse.

Disconnected it and the tractor ran. Re connected and fuse blown, disconnected and it’s going. Only took 2 hours to find and as I had taken it apart a few days ago to do shaft bearings and a new angle cylinder I must have damaged the sensor some how.

Well now that I know the problem I will shelf the broom and take the blade out tomorrow.

It’s almost 11 here and I’m way behind, off to do my truck plowing and sanding. Started at 2 am this morning. I hope I’m done by 5pm tomorrow

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Glad you got it figured out!

·
Premium Member
9,170 Posts
Yup. You’re right Kenny, there’s lots of those.

After disconnecting and cleaning (all were fine) every clip, wire and sensor I found the one... the front PTO speed sensor. Strange how it has anything to do with the ignition run fuse.

Disconnected it and the tractor ran. Re connected and fuse blown, disconnected and it’s going. Only took 2 hours to find and as I had taken it apart a few days ago to do shaft bearings and a new angle cylinder I must have damaged the sensor some how.

Well now that I know the problem I will shelf the broom and take the blade out tomorrow.

It’s almost 11 here and I’m way behind, off to do my truck plowing and sanding. Started at 2 am this morning. I hope I’m done by 5pm tomorrow
The front mounted broom and front PTO have been giving you some fits lately. Just the other day I saw the thread you posted with the bearings shredded and other issues with the broom operation. Glad you got it sorted out so you can resume to use, breakdowns are very frustrating.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The front mounted broom and front PTO have been giving you some fits lately. Just the other day I saw the thread you posted with the bearings shredded and other issues with the broom operation. Glad you got it sorted out so you can resume to use, breakdowns are very frustrating.
Yes that is correct. The second angle cylinder to bust on me. Bearings that may be a maintenance issue or incorrect bearing choice from Deere. I had just found it premature to be worn out at such low hours. Deeres replacement bearings were relatively an inexpensive fix, The cylinder on the other hand.... I have 2 Dealers near Under the Cervus John Deere name that deal in AG equipment, Both were close in price at $600 for cylinder only. Another Deere dealer who is mainly in the home and garden where i buy mowers, trimmers, blowers etc had one for a 7xx model. That had the cylinder, fittings 2 hoses and couplers, pins, clips, add a can of yellow paint for touch ups and the bill was $300.

I know some of you have had more major problems such as transmissions, wheels falling off and the sorts but at 270 hours on the clock I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of my 1025. I have an early 2000 JD L111 home depot gt with over 1000hrs on the clock i use to pull garden carts and do some brush cutting i wouldn't dare take the zero turn, I even rolled it this summer and she still works and does its jobs well, looks ok for her treatment to. I was at the dealer on tuesday getting parts for previous breakdown and asked the dealer to put together some prices on 3 and 4 series tractors as i was thinking of selling my bobcat s570 skid. Not sure if i want to go that route if I'm going to be doing maintenance and repairs every week.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Yes that is correct. The second angle cylinder to bust on me. Bearings that may be a maintenance issue or incorrect bearing choice from Deere. I had just found it premature to be worn out at such low hours. Deeres replacement bearings were relatively an inexpensive fix, The cylinder on the other hand.... I have 2 Dealers near Under the Cervus John Deere name that deal in AG equipment, Both were close in price at $600 for cylinder only. Another Deere dealer who is mainly in the home and garden where i buy mowers, trimmers, blowers etc had one for a 7xx model. That had the cylinder, fittings 2 hoses and couplers, pins, clips, add a can of yellow paint for touch ups and the bill was $300.

I know some of you have had more major problems such as transmissions, wheels falling off and the sorts but at 270 hours on the clock I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of my 1025. I have an early 2000 JD L111 home depot gt with over 1000hrs on the clock i use to pull garden carts and do some brush cutting i wouldn't dare take the zero turn, I even rolled it this summer and she still works and does its jobs well, looks ok for her treatment to. I was at the dealer on tuesday getting parts for previous breakdown and asked the dealer to put together some prices on 3 and 4 series tractors as i was thinking of selling my bobcat s570 skid. Not sure if i want to go that route if I'm going to be doing maintenance and repairs every week.
Oh no! It sounds like your contracting a case of Greens Disease. :lolol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts