Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know on 1025R's there is a limit on how wide of a wheel spacer you can get if you have the MMM. However looking at mine I don't see any limitation as it seems the rear tires will clear the deck no matter what. Am I missing anything? I was thinking about 1.5 or 2 inch spacers for the rear.

thanks!

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Anything larger than 2 inch and the right rear gauge wheel rubs. Mine does when in the full upright position or when on a hill leaning right. Just barely but that’s with R4s.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just did a 1.5inch spacer on my 2025r and could have probably fit the 2inch. Anything wider will likely rub when the mower is lifted as Wvdeere mentioned. I am unsure about the 54" deck as mine is a 60" and I have R4 tires.

Even with only the 1.5inch spacers, the tractor is noticeably more stable laterally.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
I think their must be difference for the 54D vs the 60D.
I would have guessed it the other way around if I had not seen these pictures.
Mine looks just like the OPs. Looks like I can clear my 2" spacers no problem. I have yet to put the deck back on since I installed my spacers a few weeks ago, but mine looks like the 54D MMM should not be a interference factor at all.
I believe I see a 54D in the OPs picture.

·
Registered
150 Posts
This is a good question as I'd like to add 2" spacers as well. However, I've got a 2025R on order with a late June expected delivery. I was trying to order these long lead-time items to have on-hand for arrival. But then again, I don't want to have regrets on compromising on the 1.5" and find out wider spacers would work.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
I will add that I have an interest in the answer. I have a 2025r with the 54D Autoconnect MMM. Same boat - would like to add spacers but not sure if it is 1.5 inch or 2 inch. I would love to know other's experience.

Related question / thought - I saw Courtney at GW Tractors did a video of his install. Looks easy enough. I am thinking of doing it myself. I have loaded tires with RimGuard. I am little worried about the weight and my ability to manipulate the heavy tire to get it back on. Has anyone done the install with loaded tires? Anything to consider? Am I overthinking it?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Did mine with loaded tires. Your over thinking it. Just get it to where the wheel will slide off. Don’t Jack it up a foot in the air and try to catch the tire lol. Installing even easier. Lower about an inch. Hook top lug on wheel and jack up. Slips right in.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I will add that I have an interest in the answer. I have a 2025r with the 54D Autoconnect MMM. Same boat - would like to add spacers but not sure if it is 1.5 inch or 2 inch. I would love to know other's experience.

Related question / thought - I saw Courtney at GW Tractors did a video of his install. Looks easy enough. I am thinking of doing it myself. I have loaded tires with RimGuard. I am little worried about the weight and my ability to manipulate the heavy tire to get it back on. Has anyone done the install with loaded tires? Anything to consider? Am I overthinking it?
Try not to let the tire fall on its side though, otherwise you may need some help.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts

My tires were loaded when we installed mine.
I do have one of these tire dolly tools, which does make life a little easier when dealing with really heavy tire and wheel combos. I think it still can be done even without one of these tools. Just have to manipulate the floor jack to get it line up without picking it up off the ground.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,013 Posts
My tires were loaded when we installed mine.
I do have one of these tire dolly tools, which does make life a little easier when dealing with really heavy tire and wheel combos. I think it still can be done even without one of these tools. Just have to manipulate the floor jack to get it line up without picking it up off the ground.
A long handled flat shovel works as well.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,674 Posts
The wheels are SO MUCH easier to put on WITH the wheels spacers than without, because the wheel spacers provide the typical wheel studs to slide the wheel on and then tighten. With a heavy, loaded tire and wheel, sliding them on the wheel studs is night and day verses having to use the wheel bolts.

Without the spacers, you have to align the wheel bolts with the concentric wheel on the axle flange to get the wheel bolts started. That's tough and it has resulted in a number of "boogered up threads" on the axle flanges when trying to get the wheel bolts started, especially when using power tools (battery or pneumatic).

Just use your fingers and put the wheel bolts through the spacers and torgue them and then double check them again. Then, you can slide the wheels over the wheels studs on the spacer and use the lug nuts to tighten the wheels. Cross pattern tighten them and then do the same to torque them and I suggest marking them with a marker. Also check them after another 10 hours or so. Easy peasy and worth the price of admission with the Wheel Spacers.

Wheel spacers make the entire process SO much easier for the rear tires, that is reason enough to add them to any tractor which can accommodate them. The increase in stability is just another bonus....... ;)

Plus the Brotek Wheel spacers add bling as they are polished aluminum. Also, if you have any fitment issues with tractor models and wheel spacer sizes, make sure to talk with the wheel spacer companies, as they have vast experience on what fits and what doesn't.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I think their must be difference for the 54D vs the 60D.
I would have guessed it the other way around if I had not seen these pictures.
Mine looks just like the OPs. Looks like I can clear my 2" spacers no problem. I have yet to put the deck back on since I installed my spacers a few weeks ago, but mine looks like the 54D MMM should not be a interference factor at all.
I believe I see a 54D in the OPs picture.
You have R3 radials right? I think they are narrower than the R4s.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
You have R3 radials right? I think they are narrower than the R4s.
Not sure about the narrower dimension, they are slightly shorter, but not by much. Maybe 1” shorter diameter which would have about 1/2 “ effect on ride height and or clearance from the deck.

Reactions: trav

·
Registered
2025R, 455
114 Posts
Did we come to an answer on what spacers

Did you ever figure it out?
I have a '21 2025R, deck will be here in about 3 weeks. Wanted to add spacers though, not sure which. Found this thread via search.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,013 Posts
Since the 2025R is essentially the same width as the 1025R, my guess is 1.4/1.5" with a 54D and 2" with a 60D.

Then again, maybe the slightly longer frame on the 2025R makes a difference?

·
Registered
2025R, 455
114 Posts
Since the 2025R is essentially the same width as the 1025R, my guess is 1.4/1.5" with a 54D and 2" with a 60D.

Then again, maybe the slightly longer frame on the 2025R makes a difference?
Yeah I have seen so much info thrown around...but don't want to make a $250 guess :LOL:. I need to build my spreadsheet haha.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,013 Posts
This is my 1025R with VersaTurf's, 1.4" Bro-Tek's, and a 54D.

Reactions: cc1999
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.