Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that JD doesn't sell wheel weights for a 2017 x394. But I seem to recall someone saying that some models will fit anyway.

Does anyone have any advice on adding wheel weights for this model? I think that I'd rather do that than fill the tires.

Thank, Steve.

·
Premium Member
12,105 Posts
According to the JD Riding Lawn Equipment Implements and Attachments brochure the wheel weights are sold according to wheel size, not by individual tractor model. JD Parts shows the X394 rear rim as 12" x 7". So you should be able to use the 12" wheel weight shown below.

X-series_weights.jpg

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
According to the JD Riding Lawn Equipment Implements and Attachments brochure the wheel weights are sold according to wheel size, not by individual tractor model. JD Parts shows the X394 rear rim as 12" x 7". So you should be able to use the 12" wheel weight shown below.

View attachment 468722
I think that the problem has to do with the wheels offset. This is where the mounting flange (part that bolts on the axle) is in relationship to the rest of the rim. 2WS is more to the back of the rim where AWS is more to the middle/outside. Plus the AWS wheels are not as wide (7vs12). So even if the weights actually fit width wise they are going to stick out a lot. Way more than a 12" 2WS rim.

For some reason I didn't think that JD recommended rear weights on AWS tractors but I could be wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts