Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my two..I would like to pick up a small trailer that can haul my current LA100 around if need be and any other john deere tractor I may pick up.. along with just hauling things around I need too.

My other one, kinda dirty from a trip out..

I traded this one in order to get my red one you see above. Needed something the wife could drive (auto) and was a little more family friendly since I have a kid due in July..I will miss it

I'm working on getting a Winch put on the front of my red one but otherwise I'm gonna mostly leave it stock..

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, I should add, this is how I got my deere home the day I bought it..

I really need to find a trailer :banghead:

·
Registered
946 Posts
We also have 2 Jeeps. Both are GC's Laredo's. Our 1997 passed 300k late last year and still my vehicle of choice for my daily commute. My bride's 2006 just passed 150k but I doubt it will reach the mark set by our 1997 since it has the 3.7 V6 versus the straight 6. We obviously have had good luck with our Jeeps. I suspect my wife will continue with a new GC in the next year or so. For me...I haven't decided what to move to for a commuter once 'Legend' gives out on me.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have a Jeep too. :thumbup1gif: Mine is a 93' Cherokee sport. Currently saving up to put a 3" lift under it, right now there just isn't enough room to do maintenance underneath it. I will have to post a picture later. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I've had about seven of them. From the 'Boxey Cherokees' to the Grands. I I like how you sit up higher. Right now I've got two: a 2002 Grand limited w/V-8 and wife's 2004 Grand Larado V-6. Both bought on E-Bay from two different dealers in MD. Flew down to Dulles, picked them up, and drove home. No regrets! Just Love them...............~Scotty

4X4 in Buffalo, is definatly a 'plus'! ~S

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I've had a few, but probably not what you had in mind. :)

I bought a '48 Willys CJ-2A with a Ramsey PTO winch in highschool. Shortly after I picked up part of a '51, then I bought a '65 CJ-3B. The '48 and '64 were projects, the '51 was parts. I had a lot of fun with them, but they've moved on to new homes. I had a short stint with an '01 XJ 8 or 9 years ago, never did anything extreme with it. The better half had a '01 TJ for a couple of years, a couple of years ago. I was never so glad to get rid of a vehicle in my life. :flag_of_truce::laugh:

I've always had full size trucks as a daily driver, except for the few months with the Cherokee. Compared to them, the little TJ felt very unstable on the highway, and I couldn't stand the noise. :munch:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
We have 2 Jeeps. The only one I have pictures of is the 06 TJ But we also have a '11 WK2 overland.

View attachment 14036
Bryan...What all do you have modified on yours?I see a full roll cage...but what suspension etc? Size tires? My wife had the dealer install the lift.They convinced her that it would be the only way to keep warranty on the driveline. But...the Pro-Comp stuff they installed is not very good. Ride quality leaves alot to be desired. I want to re-gear it as well as the larger tires made a noticable difference in acceleration . It has 3.21:1 now and I was told 4.10:1 would be better. Any recommendations?

I'm finding myself browsing the Jeep forums alot lately... and I think I've found another money pit.

BTW...sure would like to see more pics!

We also have 2 Jeeps. Both are GC's Laredo's. Our 1997 passed 300k late last year and still my vehicle of choice for my daily commute. My bride's 2006 just passed 150k but I doubt it will reach the mark set by our 1997 since it has the 3.7 V6 versus the straight 6. We obviously have had good luck with our Jeeps. I suspect my wife will continue with a new GC in the next year or so. For me...I haven't decided what to move to for a commuter once 'Legend' gives out on me.

Doug
Doug...does the GC have a solid front axle? Any major engine/drive line work done to it in the 300,000 miles? That is very impressive. I hope we have close to the same luck with ours.

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
I want one....does that count? I have always wanted one, I just never could justify owning one. Maybe some day.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Here is my Jeep XJ. So far I have been very pleased with it. Since it is my first vehicle I think i did pretty good. It's been reliable, it has 4wd, and now I am getting good gas mileage (like 19 mpg Highway). So far i have outfitted it with a set of new GoodYear Duratracs (awesome tires by the way), I have changed a few minor parts like the heater valve/fuel filter/O2 sensor/changed the oil/etc. For Christmas I got new Camo seat covers for the front seats, so it's getting there. I am very much a perfectionist and lately I detail the inside of my Jeep every week or two. :thumbup1gif: I have attached a few pictures of my ride, couldn't leave out the one by my 317. ;) Still have more plans for it like a 3" lift, new real tree headliner, new front bumper w/winch, A John Deere steering wheel cover, and a Deere decal on my back window. :thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bryan...What all do you have modified on yours?I see a full roll cage...but what suspension etc? Size tires? My wife had the dealer install the lift.They convinced her that it would be the only way to keep warranty on the driveline. But...the Pro-Comp stuff they installed is not very good. Ride quality leaves alot to be desired. I want to re-gear it as well as the larger tires made a noticable difference in acceleration . It has 3.21:1 now and I was told 4.10:1 would be better. Any recommendations?

I'm finding myself browsing the Jeep forums alot lately... and I think I've found another money pit.

Doug...does the GC have a solid front axle? Any major engine/drive line work done to it in the 300,000 miles? That is very impressive. I hope we have close to the same luck with ours.
It should have a Dana 30 in the front. Jeep stopped putting solid front axles in the grand I believe with the WK's (05 and newer grands)

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts

That was a SEMA Jeep I built back in 2006. We modified it to be a trail/road rig. Lets see how good my memory is...

All the suspension is Currie. On a TJ, I feel they are the best. Its 4" lift with the Currie Antirock adjustable sway bars.
Pretty sure its a Rock Hard full roll cage custom painted to match the exterior.
Skid Row Engine skid Plate
LOD Rear bumper and tire carrier
Warn Front bumper and 9K winch
Mickey Thompsom MT's on Mickey Thompson Rims

I think that is about all you can see. The rest is all drive-train items for trail strength. I will try to dig up my pictures. Right now its all covered up on my trailer in the barn.

·
Registered
129 Posts
got Jeep?

I wouldn't be without a Jeep. I learned four wheel driving in the Army with those old M-151A1s. As a civilian, I've owned a CJ-5, YJ, TJ and now I have a 2009 JK. They are tons of fun if you stay within their limitations. My current rig has a 2" hard rubber lift, over 1" oversize tires (33s), on Ultra Sport wheels. It's got a 9.5 ton Warn winch mounted on a Rampage custom bumper with recessed fog lamps. The inside cabin has push button lockers front and rear, with automatic front sway bar disconnect. The Rubicon comes with a loaded dash DVD, satilite radio, am/fm/cd Infinity sound, removable hard top panels and powered by a 3.8 gas hog V-6. It gets a consistant 15 MPG. I like it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
Old Jeep.

Current Jeep.

·
Administrator
20,675 Posts
Great pics!!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
ClayH, would that Jeep just about go anywhere? Did it have positive drive-trains on it or a way to lock the drive-train positively on both front and back?

You say that is the old Jeep, what is the new Jeep?

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I want one....does that count? I have always wanted one, I just never could justify owning one. Maybe some day.
Just move to New York! You'll find two justifications!

o- Travel in the snowy winters,

o- And haul your Tax Money, to the government..........:cray:

~Scotty

1 - 20 of 274 Posts