Green Tractor Talk banner

Noise/trouble lifting 3 point on new 4066r

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ddinham 
#1 ·
I just bought a brand new 4066r OOS and had the dealer install the 4th/5th SCV. I do not have a loader or 3rd SCV. When I lift my 3 point hitch with a heavy (+/- 1,000lb) arena drag on it, I am hearing a grinding noise from the 4th/5th SCV valve (by my right shoulder mounted on the ROPS) as the 3 point hitch nears topping out. I have not connected anything to the 4th/5th valves yet. Today, the 3 point had trouble lifting the arena drag, and just made the grinding noise. Eventually started working again. Two of the oil lines going in and out of the 4th/5th valve also get quite warm after just one lift. A link to the video is below. Any ideas what is wrong?

Video of noise:

#2 ·
I suspect that the oil lines getting hot is normal. I have the 4th and 5th SCV's, but not the 3rd SCV. I also have a loader. I am not aware of any noises like that, although I might not hear them from inside the cab and I routinely lift heavier weights than you are describing as my RFM weighs 1500#. Since the dealer changed my tranny fluid and did not use low vis fluid, I get a lot of whine.

Dave

#3 ·
I suspect that the oil lines getting hot is normal. I have the 4th and 5th SCV's, but not the 3rd SCV. I also have a loader. I am not aware of any noises like that, although I might not hear them from inside the cab and I routinely lift heavier weights than you are describing as my RFM weighs 1500#. Since the dealer changed my tranny fluid and did not use low vis fluid, I get a lot of whine.

Dave
Did the dealer give you any reason why they used regular Hy-Gard instead of the recommended low viscosity Hy-Gard?

#4 ·
Most of the time, I do business with a larger ag dealer. After some sleuthing, I determined the part number on the ticket was bulk regular Hy-Gard. I suspect I got just whatever they put in the larger ag machines. I will probably change it myself next time, although I do not know what I have that will handle draining 13 gallons. I will be due for a change in 100-200 hours.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.