Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a '17 X370 with a bagger system and was testing it out on my lawn this weekend. The bagger works amazingly well but I'm only planning on using it for leaf cleanup in the fall and want to mulch the rest of the time. I see that there's a Mulch-Control system that can switch back and forth between mulching and bagging but the description and various online commenters say that it reduces the flow into the bagger when in the non-mulch setting. Is there a mulch kit available for the 42a deck that "permanently" converts it to a mulcher without the extra switching mechanisms? I don't mind taking it off/replacing it a couple of times a year if it results in better performance. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,059 Posts
Looking in the parts catalog, I don't find what you're looking for. Only 2 are listed and they both appear to be control kits... ones manual, the other electric. I believe you're looking for stationary baffles and neither of these kits appear to be that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking in the parts catalog, I don't find what you're looking for. Only 2 are listed and they both appear to be control kits... ones manual, the other electric. I believe you're looking for stationary baffles and neither of these kits appear to be that.
That's what it looked like to me too. I was hoping that there was a kit that was listed under a different model but still compatible.

·
Registered
2022 X350
61 Posts
It looks like a rear-discharge deck so I don't think it would work with the bagger. I wonder if I could make my own baffles.
No, it definitely wouldn't work with a bagger. It is a dedicated mulching deck with removable rear baffles. You would remove them when cutting through unmaintained thick grass. I've never seen one in person.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.