Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys,

I finally took my backhoe off the 1025R today for the first time and installed the 3-PT Hitch Arms, etc, from the dealer. Once I got them on I backed around to my new box blade and hooked it up. So far so good...

When I fired up the tractor and pulled back the lever to raise the box blade off the skid...nothing happened. I fiddled with the back hydraulic hose connector and when I tried again, the box blade shot up off the skid...awesome, I think. Then I tried lowering it. It won't lower or do anything when you move the height lever; stays in the raised position.

It got dark on me so I backed it into the garage for another stab tomorrow. Anyone ever run across this scenario? I'll check the fluid tomorrow, but everything else (front loader, backhoe, etc) was working fine. I thought some experienced 3-PT guys might be able to recognize something I need to check on...

Thanks a bunch!

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Either your power beyond lines are not seated or your rate of drop control is closed off. That's my two guesses

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm a noob too! I've read on here recently a post about 3pt hitch issues, and they said if the rate of return knob doesn't turn, to try lifting box blade with something to get the pressure off of it. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,353 Posts
I'm a noob too! I've read on here recently a post about 3pt hitch issues, and they said if the rate of return knob doesn't turn, to try lifting box blade with something to get the pressure off of it. Good luck!
I’ve never noticed any difference in the force required to turn the ROD knob with a load on the 3PH. On my 2720 the knob turns the same with a 800 lb. ballast box in the air as it does with nothing attached.

The number one thing effecting the ROD knob is lack of use and poor maintenance. Without regular use the knob linkage has a tendency to seize up. This can be minimized by regularly turning the knob and routine lubrication of the linkage.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
FYI, the ROD knob being spoke of is under the front edge of the seat mechanism, dead center.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,664 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Reconnect your backhoe hoses. They probably aren't connected together correctly.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If it is your power beyond hoses your machine would be rendered useless. Won't move, no hydraulics at all.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
If it is your power beyond hoses your machine would be rendered useless. Won't move, no hydraulics at all.
I've had this same issue. When I re-seated the power beyond hydraulic connections, everything started working again. But the rest of the tractor was working fine. Forward, reverse, SCV. I don't understand the technical issues, but something about that P-B connection can affect only the 3-pt. lift.

Keane

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
12dbsinad?? You must be in two-way radio servicing business.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've had this same issue. When I re-seated the power beyond hydraulic connections, everything started working again. But the rest of the tractor was working fine. Forward, reverse, SCV. I don't understand the technical issues, but something about that P-B connection can affect only the 3-pt. lift.

Keane
That's interesting. When it happened to me I couldn't do anything to speak... essentially the pump was dead headed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was the Rate of Drop knob guys! When the weather cooperated I opened up and adjusted that, and bingo...worked like a champ! The backhoe came off pretty easily too for a first-timer...although I took my time getting it where I wanted before removing. About a 10-minute process that'll improve to about 5 minutes with some time. I put the new box blade on and it worked great on the gravel. My sister came in the next day and asked if I'd ordered more gravel : )
Thanks for all the input and help!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts