Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for advise on how to keep track of the hours on my implements, since they are on and off for various tasks. Short of just going with a semiannual mainteance program, I'm at a loss for tracking their hours in use.

How do you experienced guys handle it?

·
Registered
23,252 Posts
Just like you say - just kind of wing it according to use. In most cases a little too much grease is better than not enough.

Reactions: RandyM

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Just like you say - just kind of wing it according to use. In most cases a little too much grease is better than not enough.
Just don't tell my old boss that. He put so much lube in his boat trailer spindles/hubs it filled up the brake drums. Lol

·
Registered
23,252 Posts
Just don't tell my old boss that. He put so much lube in his boat trailer spindles/hubs it filled up the brake drums. Lol
I know - one of my pet peeves is over greasing.

When I was an equipment operator instructor for the state our supervisor (who never was an operator or mechanic) insisted we have the students grease the Gradalls every day - so it could be seen. Then on the last day of class we had to make them remove all the excess grease before washing them. Hundreds of pounds of grease........

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I suspected, but had to ask because you folks have the experience and all kinds of tips & tricks.

Thanks Guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts