Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I got an email from Northern and their Park Grills were on sale. I have been wanting one for the north part of our property back in the timber where we have bonfires. Needs something that would withstand the elements and cook an occasional brat and burger.

So I picked it up at northern and me and my buddy dug a post hole (101 temps- Yikes) and set the post and filled the hole with concrete. It is VERY heavy built and should last forever !

Here are a few pictures.

Digging the hole. Phew, dirt is HARD. Had to use water. That's OK its more fun !!

Wow, there is water in this bucket. Gotta like that.

Finished product.

Hurry up already. You promised me a graham cracker.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Okay, what's the story with those bandits????

Oh, and the grill setup looks good. Should last a heck of a long time.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, what's the story with those bandits????
Andy, its just one. He is about 3 months old. His mother left him and we found him on our property close to starving to death. Not to mention we had a big storm coming and didnt have the heart to leave him out there. So we bottle fed him and took him back in hopes that mom would come back for him. But no such luck.

He is eating some solid food now and only wants a bottle on occasion. He follows us around when we are working in the yard and is actually a lot of fun. Best guess is we will try to send him on his way in another month or two. If not might have to take him for a ride.

He sits on my shoulder in the morning as I have my coffee on the deck and take it all in.

·
Administrator
20,964 Posts
Nice place Rich! I can't help but laugh at your little friend.:laugh: Hopefully you guys can stay friends.:good2:

How much was the grill if you don't mind?:hi:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Great pics of your friend! :lol:

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice grill. They look well built at good price.

I may have to buy a couple.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$129.00 shipped free to store.

Yea I would like to keep him around but I think he will grow up to ornery !

Will hate to see him go. I have no doubt mama will be crying that day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you read the book by Stirling North, Rascal(Memoirs of a happy time)? It's a good read for raccoon friends.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I haven't. But our little buddy is still hanging around!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I cant believe I missed this the first time through. This is a neat story. Rich,do you have other domestic animals,and if so, how do they get along? When you say bottle fed, is it just regular milk?

Growing up,with my dad being in the Border Patrol, he would bring home orphaned animals for me to take care of periodically. I've raised a couple of fawns, bobcat,and javelina's.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I missed this also. Nice grill. I am glad the "bandit" and you are doing well. You might have a life long friend.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I cant believe I missed this the first time through. This is a neat story. Rich,do you have other domestic animals,and if so, how do they get along? When you say bottle fed, is it just regular milk?

Growing up,with my dad being in the Border Patrol, he would bring home orphaned animals for me to take care of periodically. I've raised a couple of fawns, bobcat,and javelina's.
We dont have any animals at all. Just this guy :)

We bought kitten replacement milk from the pet store. Apparently cows milk is not good for them. We had about 4 weeks of the bottle then he was on to puppy chow.

Here is a video with Cindy.

Reactions: rgd and arlen

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
WOW! We have had a few cats over the years, and if we tried with the cats what Cindy was doing with the little bandit, I think my eyes would have been scratched out and ankles chewed off. That is amazing. The little guy certainly looks like he was having fun. I think my biggest worry would be if he never develops a fear of humans and some stranger would ever come upon him and he came running over to play, the stranger would think they were being attacked by a rabid raccoon.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Surprisingly he is afraid of everyone but us. That includes squirrells, deer and about anything else that moves.

He really is a big chicken.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
440 Posts
Really cool video. Thanks for sharing and glad he's doing well!

·
Administrator
20,964 Posts
Hard to tell who's having more fun.:lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts