Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking to see if anyone has used the NorTrac Quick Hitch for sale at Northern Tool. The Cat. 1 model is for sale for $99. If so, what are your thoughts? Were you able to get the top link adapter?

It looks like the same unit that Harbor Freight has on their website.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200439721_200439721

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts
No data here, I use JD's iMatch myself.

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
I use a LandPride QH; but Northern Tool is a hybrid outfit to me in that they sell some good stuff (e.g. Milwaukee, etc), and a lot of their house brand stuff (e.g. Klutch, etc) that is probably the same as Horrible Fright.

If you think the NorTrac is a rebadged HF unit, and if you don't like HF; then I suggest you shop for a name brand unit. If you like HF, and this unit is equivalent to HF for less $$$$, then go for it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nortrac / HF quick hitch

I looked at both of these for awhile, and looked at the price of the imatch and Land Pride.
With a HF store about a mile from my house I could not resist the temptation to try it when I received a coupon
making the HF hitch $79.
I brought the hitch home and mounted it to the tracotr in five minutes.
The top link is adjustable on the HF unit so I had to measure where it should be set.
Only complaint is the top link hook comes with large head bolts, which I easily replaced iwth pins.
The bolt heads hit the mounts on some attachments.
2nd issue is the outside of the top link hook is made a little to high.
I cut 1/2" off and the QH now works perfect.

For $79 + 30 minutes of modifications I have no complaints

P.S. I think the Nortras and HF QH are the same unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts