Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got a boatload of wet snow yesterday, but for 2 weeks it has been in the high 50’s so everything is soft underneath. We got a nice coat of freezing rain before the blizzard.
I got my skid loader stuck in my very first swipe down the driveway. Every time I moved forward or reverse, I slid just a little bit toward the ditch. I’ve learned to give up right away when that happens, so I walked up to get the tractor, and I got that stuck too!
I was able to do a bunch of shoveling and get the tractor out, but in the mean time I made the skid loader worse. Ended up calling my BIL and he came out with his 6125R. As he was pulling me, the skid loader just didn’t want to climb out of the ditch, so he just pulled me all the way up the driveway (prob 500 feet) with me in the ditch and him on the driveway. We made quite a mess😂.
It was midnight before we came in.
Not a great picture but it’s all I got😁

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
The picture speaks a thousand words of struggle.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,369 Posts
Years ago I would get upset when I got stuck, not so much any more. :ROFLMAO:

At least you got it out. (y)

I figured I'd make a better picture before Old Cajun shows up. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
724 Posts
It sucks to hear of the head ache you went through. At least you got everything out ok.

Right or wrong, I didn't do anything with the snow. We'll see if "do nothing" was a good option.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That’s the key is to STOP when it starts sliding. It happened to me yesterday and I was able to recover with curling the bucket to pull myself out. Otherwise it was the long walk of shame home. Sometimes it just goes so fast there’s nothing you can do but hang on and laugh 😆. I’d drag the sob all the way too it deserved it!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Wheeled skid loaders are not a good choice on un even terrain since they have such a short wheel base and no suspension and not much ground clearance....lol ..ask me how I know....thats the bad...but I have always been able to use the bucket to slowly work my way out of those situations

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
As long as everyone’s OK and no damage to the equipment all you lost was time. Thankfullly you got a BIL to help you out. That 6125R must be some impressive machine to yard a skidsteer out and up a hill. Those things are heavy as tanks

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
We got a boatload of wet snow yesterday, but for 2 weeks it has been in the high 50’s so everything is soft underneath. We got a nice coat of freezing rain before the blizzard.
I got my skid loader stuck in my very first swipe down the driveway. Every time I moved forward or reverse, I slid just a little bit toward the ditch. I’ve learned to give up right away when that happens, so I walked up to get the tractor, and I got that stuck too!
I was able to do a bunch of shoveling and get the tractor out, but in the mean time I made the skid loader worse. Ended up calling my BIL and he came out with his 6125R. As he was pulling me, the skid loader just didn’t want to climb out of the ditch, so he just pulled me all the way up the driveway (prob 500 feet) with me in the ditch and him on the driveway. We made quite a mess😂.
It was midnight before we came in.
Not a great picture but it’s all I got😁
View attachment 779064
All I can say is that when you do it, you do it up right.........................

Dave

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As long as everyone’s OK and no damage to the equipment all you lost was time. Thankfullly you got a BIL to help you out. That 6125R must be some impressive machine to yard a skidsteer out and up a hill. Those things are heavy as tanks
I lost a little sod too! I can't wait till I see the mess under the snow!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
good thing the 6125r got the job done ...it was starting to look like a John Deere Dealership along the drive there :) ....... sometimes you just gotta say "awe crap"

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
I lost a little sod too! I can't wait till I see the mess under the snow!
You can add that to your spring projects 🤭

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,459 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
I'm not a fan of late winter/early spring snow storms, not one bit.

Because, I don't need anymore spring projects. ;)
Well ya gotta show something on your channel besides plowing snow :D

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Tough night there. We only got a few inches of it and decided to let it melt. We did shovel my mother in laws driveway in town and I don't remember a snow like this. It was almost like taking a 6" of snow and putting a sprinkler on it until it was 4", as close to solid water as you could get.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,459 Posts
Well ya gotta show something on your channel besides plowing snow :D
I know right?? There's plenty to show come spring time, don't need to advertise my screw ups from plowing. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Snow on the level in Cheyenne, WY

rob

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Years ago I would get upset when I got stuck, not so much any more.
He left out because Mel has become excellent at constantly pulling him out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts