Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Girlfriend has a kid (mid 30s) that is a real klutz..........
I was mowing there yard the other day with my old JD855 and 60"MMM deck. Was hard mowing, the yard is rough, long, uneven, matted down, a real mess.

I thought I was doing real good until the tractor, mower, motor suddenly quit. Instant quiet. I thought "oh snap, now what" Turned off pto, set throttle to idle, restarted tractor and raised deck. Shut off motor and peered under deck. I found the 30' of 5/16" tow cable he left in the yard.............

Luckily, it was wrapped around the blade closest to the discharge and not too tight. I got it loose easily enough and only used a couple words that would be hard to explain to grandchildren..............

Got to thinking later, it must have been a bad visual to see an older 6'1" / 280lb guy off the seat hunched over the steering wheel for that instant..... :laugh:

How was your day..............
Wyo

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got to thinking later, it must have been a bad visual to see an older 6'1" / 280lb guy off the seat hunched over the steering wheel for that instant..... :laugh:

How was your day..............
Wyo
Even worse is the plumbers crack when bent over and pulling the cable out :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
When that happens and nothing breaks, :thumbup1gif: I call that a good day!

Yeah really, that could have cost a lot of money! Great story Wyo, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh No, IT IS YOUR FAULT. Haven't you learned that by now:nunu:
-------------------
Used to hear that ALL the time from an x............
Everything from burned toast to bad weather.

I cured that problem.....................
KnowwhatImean

:peace:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Licky you, glad it did not break anything.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
On the 'plus' side, I was traveling from Springville NY to Buffalo on US 219, and saw a chain laying in in the travel lane....... A little cautious 'backing' on the shoulder, netted me a 3/8"x30' long! Hey, anything I can do to protect the motoring public.......~S

Down side, I can't remember the number of garden hoses I sent to "Hose-Heaven".........~S

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Glad your 'hooking-up''/courting/sharing-time /....with the mom and not the kid! I'd think at 30, even the 'klutsy-est' (is that a word?) should be able to clear a lawn and cut it before it got that bad.....Physical/Mental disabilities excluded of course....~S

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have ran over my share of garden hoses with my grandpa's old 2210.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Hose Heaven" Bwahahahahahhhahahaa :laugh:

Have not had to deal with that...... But.......

Did have an encounter with a door mat that was not pleasant.
Was one of the felt kind of mat that turned into about a million
shreds when it went through the deck............. :cry:

At least there were no rubber shreds to have to pick up.

Wyo

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Oh yeah 'Buck'! You should see the look on the faces of the Craftsmen Salesmen when I bring one of there 'Life-Time' guarenteed rubber hoses, and claimed it didn't perform as I expected........!!!!!!!!! I've been sucessful on occasion to get a replacement for my stupidity........~Scotty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts