Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go fiqure:eek:hmy: I was out in the shop today inventorying parts. Being very detailed at it I must say.:banghead: Now I don't have a JD Tractor younger than 32 years old.:munch: 1986 2155 Utility Tractor with 6" ft bucket. 2 JD 1989 318's w/mower decks and other accessories. Hydro/tiller, frt mount thatcher, trac/vac unit and a JD 755 w/mower deck/c and front mount JD 47 snowblower/4WDR chains.

Now I have many current parts for for my equipment I also have many misc./parts for much older JD's 110's/112's etc. The question is why?? My tractors are in excellent working condition and do everything I ask of them or need. Yet they decline in value every year.

It made me wonder about the future somewhat since I'm 72.

Rob

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Go fiqure:eek:hmy: I was out in the shop today inventorying parts. Being very detailed at it I must say.:banghead: Now I don't have a JD Tractor younger than 32 years old.:munch: 1986 2155 Utility Tractor with 6" ft bucket. 2 JD 1989 318's w/mower decks and other accessories. Hydro/tiller, frt mount thatcher, trac/vac unit and a JD 755 w/mower deck/c and front mount JD 47 snowblower/4WDR chains.

Now I have many current parts for for my equipment I also have many misc./parts for much older JD's 110's/112's etc. The question is why?? My tractors are in excellent working condition and do everything I ask of them or need. Yet they decline in value every year.

Rob
I have nothing in the 2155 size but I just picked up my newest ever worker a 2004 x475 and I know electronics may be the end of it before the extra 41 years back to my 63 110. Snow removal drove the need and I would like a 750 or 755 they are multiples of what I paid.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts

Rob

Piker!!! I sure would like to be 72 again..... I don't plan to ever buy another vehicle/tractor again.

Dave

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,278 Posts

Rob
Haven't you heard? Old white men need to be killed off. Now you know your worth. I am assuming you're white and even if your not they will get to you sooner rather then later. And your tractor will still be worth more then you. :dunno: :munch: :bigbeer:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
i declined in value since a year ago but thats only because of that term life expiring.... :drama: I just see it as less incentive for the missus to knock me off.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I'm amazed..

Rob
:dunno: At the prices folks pay now for new Products & attachments. Upwards to $50,000.00 +. Then they have to switch implements on one tractor to do the various chores! My collection of old equipment might (repeat might!) bring $15,000.00/$20,000.00. Seems to me at my old age ease of labor may (MAY) be the only benefit. Getting old always costs $$

:flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
:dunno: At the prices folks pay now for new Products & attachments. Upwards to $50,000.00 +. Then they have to switch implements on one tractor to do the various chores! My collection of old equipment might (repeat might!) bring $15,000.00/$20,000.00. Seems to me at my old age ease of labor may (MAY) be the only benefit. Getting old always costs $$

:flag_of_truce:
Depreciation is always a factor. The first five years equals the next ten. From there condition is everything and maintenance cost money proportional to the original price adjusted fo inflation. +\-25%

My worst tractor move was getting a loader for my 445. It didn’t perform as well as my 140 and after a month I had to sell it as a package to make it go away and get a loader that met my needs my 420. I have yet to find the lift limit. It tips over first. Booo.

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
i declined in value since a year ago but thats only because of that term life expiring.... :drama: I just see it as less incentive for the missus to knock me off.

Never be worth more dead than you are alive or you might suddenly find yourself dead.......

Dave

·
Premium Member
6,103 Posts
My seven tractors now range from 1944 to 2004. I'm partial to the older ones, but the two newer ones both have their purpose!

Not saying I won't buy any more tractors, never know what will interest me next! :lol:

Reactions: Levi
1 - 11 of 11 Posts