Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was quoted 13,427.00 for a new 1023e with a H120 loader cash price, no finance. I'm also looking at a used 1025r with a h120 loader and 260 backhoe 81 hours 15,500.00 With the new one a get a warranty free delivery piece of mind. With the used I take a risk and have to pay someone to get it for me. Also I'm new at this. And if that tractor had something wrong with it I wouldn't be able to tell. Unless it was very obvious. I wouldn't know what to look for. If I get the new 1023e I want to be assured that 15hp at the pto will be enough to run a front "john deere" or a rear "frontier" snow blower. What would you do?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The used 1025R with loader and backhoe sounds like a good price. The backhoe, power beyond, and sub-frame kit are pretty expensive when all added together.

3pt attachments are easier to handle with the 1025R's better 3pt hitch control.

Do you need a mid-mount mower?

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
I'm partial to the BH, but thats what I would get.... Isn't the 1025R still covered under its 2 year warranty? Or was it bought at the beginning of 2013?

I think I'm figuring this right:unknown:...but you could sell that BH to half the members here(Who need a BH) for a cheap price $4500??? (I don't know what its worth) and end up paying less for the 1025R...Or am I crazy(Don't answer that, its rhetorical) :hide:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I'm partial to the BH, but thats what I would get.... Isn't the 1025R still covered under its 2 year warranty? Or was it bought at the beginning of 2013?

I think I'm figuring this right:unknown:...but you could sell that BH to half the members here(Who need a BH) for a cheap price $4500??? (I don't know what its worth) and end up paying less for the 1025R...Or am I crazy(Don't answer that, its rhetorical) :hide:
chex,

The subframe assembly (which strangely enough includes the swivel seat) is non-trivial to take off, and put on another tractor. I bought my 260 backhoe used, and ended up giving up on getting the subframe kit off the original tractor. Also, the kit is different for 1023e vs. 1025r...again, due to the differences in the seat.
This kit costs $1350-$1550 depending on if purchased with a tractor, or as parts AFTER the tractor purchase.

The Power-Beyond kit required for the backhoe is also not easy to remove/install, and it is expensive as well.

So, this makes it more difficult to buy/sell backhoes for the 1-series tractors. ...not impossible, but not trivial.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've got a 1023E with a frontier SB1154 snowblower on the back. I think it works pretty good. Can't imagine the extra horsepower on the 1025 would hurt though. But, either one will get it done.

·
Registered
517 Posts
yeah.. that's a tough call.. The back hoe is worth thousands new.. If the 25 and all attachments are clean it sounds like a very solid deal.. If the 25 has tons of hrs on it and the owner can't provide any documents showing maintenance.. You could be walking into a headache.. Any chance you know someone who knows what to look for to tag along?.. I have a 1023 and its all the tractor and more I'll ever need.. I prefer new due to a limited back ground with this kind of equipment so the safe play is that brand new 1023.. But that back hoe is sooooo tempting.. And for only a couple grand more!..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. One good point the dealer brought up was. If you have the frontier blower on the back, you also have the loader on front to push snow around.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
chex,

The subframe assembly (which strangely enough includes the swivel seat) is non-trivial to take off, and put on another tractor. I bought my 260 backhoe used, and ended up giving up on getting the subframe kit off the original tractor. Also, the kit is different for 1023e vs. 1025r...again, due to the differences in the seat.
This kit costs $1350-$1550 depending on if purchased with a tractor, or as parts AFTER the tractor purchase.

The Power-Beyond kit required for the backhoe is also not easy to remove/install, and it is expensive as well.

So, this makes it more difficult to buy/sell backhoes for the 1-series tractors. ...not impossible, but not trivial.
Right, but if the OP sold just the BH for just $2000 the [email protected] would be cheaper than the 1023E...and who ever got the BH would still be getting a really great deal. Your right tho... fussing around removing parts can be a PITA.

and Tim,just for the curious..What did you end up doing when you couldn't get the subframe off ? Might be valuable info for me if I decide to sell my BH and keep the tractor/FEL.:unknown::munch:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I was quoted 13,427.00 for a new 1023e with a H120 loader cash price, no finance. I'm also looking at a used 1025r with a h120 loader and 260 backhoe 81 hours 15,500.00 With the new one a get a warranty free delivery piece of mind. With the used I take a risk and have to pay someone to get it for me. Also I'm new at this. And if that tractor had something wrong with it I wouldn't be able to tell. Unless it was very obvious. I wouldn't know what to look for. If I get the new 1023e I want to be assured that 15hp at the pto will be enough to run a front "john deere" or a rear "frontier" snow blower. What would you do?
You getting the 3 point hitch with that 1025FILB?
Because it comes with a new one.

You cannot go wrong with the backhoe for 2 grand more. It's worth every bit of the extra money.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
and Tim,just for the curious..What did you end up doing when you couldn't get the subframe off ? Might be valuable info for me if I decide to sell my BH and keep the tractor/FEL.:unknown::munch:
Chex,

Good questions. First, I should explain a bit more why I didn't get the subframe from the backhoe seller. It really wasn't a technical issue. More of a logistics issue. I purchased the backhoe about 100 miles from my house...from an individual. He didn't have need for the subframe assembly anymore, but we didn't have a good way to get it off his tractor without significant hassle. I was worried that he would back out of the deal on the backhoe, so I just gave up on transferring the sub frame assembly. Also, he had a 1023e, so the seat portion would not have worked anyway.

There is some discussion of the difficulty of the subframe kit here, but I would have been happy to tackle it.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/4658-installing-260-backhoe-attachment.html

Now, to your actual question. I did not yet have my 1025R when I bought the backhoe. So, I tried several dealers attempting to get a 1025R with the subframe assembly (but without the hoe). Most of these dealers wanted to price the subframe assembly from parts ($1500+). This would have destroyed any advantage I got from buying the hoe used.

Now enter the hero of the story...Shane at Mutton Power Equipment. Shane understood exactly what I was trying to accomplish, knew exactly which parts I needed, and was able to price the subframe assembly and power beyond kit better than any other location. Upon delivery of my new 1025R from Shane, I hooked up the backhoe in 5 minutes or less and was ready to go.

Not sure how much I saved with this approach. I paid $2400 for the backhoe only. It was a hassle, and a bit stressful. However, I likely would not have purchased the backhoe at full price.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Position control on the 3ph with the 1025R is a big deal (plus the better seat...). 81 hours isn't much in terms of the equipment's useful life. Would not want to be without our 260 backhoe - used it on 4 separate occassions this past week on "honeydews" alone (plantings, setting posts & moving deadfalls).

Nick

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks guys. One good point the dealer brought up was. If you have the frontier blower on the back, you also have the loader on front to push snow around.
That's how I'm setup. It's really nice to have the loader on in the winter. Light snow, drop the loader into float position and scape away. Deeper stuff, fling it out of the way with the blower!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would also take the 1025R FILB...that is a great deal for the hours.

However if you want the new 1023 I would finance it. Deere has 0 for 60 months. This has nothing to do with the dealer. The cash price is BS... Call Deere direct and they will probably confirm.

Also remember if you are worried about a used tractor.... Any tractor is used once you start it!

·
Registered
583 Posts
My vote is for the 1025r. Seems like a good deal. You won't regret the extra features over the 1023 either.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
That's a great deal on the 25R.....80 hrs is nothing. Bought mine new early May last year and I'm at 96 hrs. I think the backhoe is $6K alone.

·
Registered
153 Posts
260 backhoe, hands down, best shovel I've ever owned!!
I don't need the hoe on a daily or even weekly basis, but when I do there is nothinhg else in my shed/toolbox that even comes close.

·
Premium Member
14,720 Posts
I usually say buy new to get the 0% , but with 81hrs , fel , bh on a 1025 and that price go for the 1025r.

Believe mine was delivered in July have 110 hrs and really didn't have much snow to blow this past winter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts