Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of discussion on Castle doctrine, even stand your ground. Where is the NRA when it comes to Louisville Metro PD (LMPD) does a no-knock warrant at the WRONG HOUSE, filed using false info to obtain warrant, and when a law abiding citizen fires is gun at folks busting in, he get arrested for shooting armed intruders. The 3 cops were in civilian clothes, and killed a Louisville EMT in her own house.

Wonder why NRA is mute?

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
When did this happen?

Do you have any links to news articles?

·
Registered
251 Posts
It happened in March

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
Thanks RodW.

That is truly sad.

It is clear that someone really screwed up big time in several ways.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To add insult to it, a Judge let Kenneth Walker out on home incarceration and LMPD is upset. I don't know of anyone who would convet the guy of anything other then protecting his home.

If this wasn't a cop issue NRA would be all over it. It is sad

·
Premium Member
4,868 Posts
I suspect the NRA is quiet for a reason. The facts are in dispute, for one, and secondly there are racial issues involved. Were the cops mistaken, negligent, grossly negligent, criminally negligent? Did they willfully break the law? Were they perfectly legal or just plain stupid? It seems to me it's a good time for the NRA to keep their mouths shut.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Haven't heard the NRA's take on the Georgia killing of the Black guy running down the street either? Story did not even make the national news for several months. Makes you wonder why?

·
Premium Member
2,188 Posts
He was running away from a felony house invasion. Quit making it as the poor black guy was just jogging down the road...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish I could wonder why, but small town and guys not white, but just my opinion

Do need to retract "wrong house" it was right house wrong info.

He was running away from a felony house invasion. Quit making it as the poor black guy was just jogging down the road...

No more felony then the kids and other folks going in and not taking anything

Since when does a private individual have the right to take up arms against another with a citizens arrest. The two small town vigalanties can thank there lucky starts that he didn't have a gun and know how to use it. He would have full right to stand his ground and kill them both, they stopped him

·
Registered
5,929 Posts

I never said or implied "poor black guy just jogging" down the street. I saw on the news where the guy building the house during an interview with his lawyer there said he did not have issues with the guy being in the house under construction. It will be interesting to see what happens to the shooters. They tried to make a citizens arrest without witnessing the actual crime is what was implied and that is wrong from my understanding.

·
Premium Member
2,188 Posts
You didn't watch the video....in GA a citizen has always had the right to perform an arrest. One with the threat of force if it's a felony.

This one went great and no one died. The white guy was arrested and the black man was praised. But my guess is you won't watch either...

·
Premium Member
2,188 Posts
I never said or implied "poor black guy just jogging" down the street. I saw on the news where the guy building the house during an interview with his lawyer there said he did not have issues with the guy being in the house under construction. It will be interesting to see what happens to the shooters. They tried to make a citizens arrest without witnessing the actual crime is what was implied and that is wrong from my understanding.
You said the guy running down the street. As if that's all he did....

·
Premium Member
2,188 Posts
Now to the OP original post. I think the home owners should sue the pants off the city/county and definitely should modify the no knock warrant. The owners in my opinion had every right to fire and defend themselves. Sad story...

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
I agree that the owners should have shot back. I have a loaded weapon next to my recliner in case of bears breaking in or plainclothes cranksters ,cops or just anyone not knocking first. I will defend my right to keep breathing at all costs!

·
Registered
381 Posts

Felony house invasion? According to everything I’ve read he committed no crime and was murdered. Amazing how information flows via the Internet.

But then again, I wasn’t there only going by what info I have read.

·
Premium Member
2,188 Posts
Watch the video! Please. He explains everything very well

·
Premium Member
2,188 Posts
Well I see what's going here. You never wanted to have a discussion/argument Just wanted to find like minded people to say "yeah, yeah you're right"... Well that's it for me for this thread.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts