Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Watch the video! Please. He explains everything very well
He’s giving his opinion and he’s sure entitled to it. I’m looking for facts. No arguing but so far everything I’ve read doesn’t indicate a felony was committed by the man who got shot. The video seems to be nothing more than some dude telling what he thinks happened. So I’ve watched The video. What did I miss.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Felony house invasion? According to everything I’ve read he committed no crime and was murdered. Amazing how information flows via the Internet.

But then again, I wasn’t there only going by what info I have read.

He’s giving his opinion and he’s sure entitled to it. I’m looking for facts. No arguing but so far everything I’ve read doesn’t indicate a felony was committed by the man who got shot. The video seems to be nothing more than some dude telling what he thinks happened. So I’ve watched The video. What did I miss.
So I guess I can just walk into your house look around and as long as I don't steal anything it's ok.....kids will be kids but a grown man doesn't take off running from a construction site after someone notices him. They stop and talk to the person saying hey watya doing over there, and the conversation may go somewhat like this,

Whatya doing over there

Ah nothing, just looking at how good the construction is on this house.

You in the market?

Na, just curious.

Oh ok, the homeowner may not like you walking around

Ok, I won't do it again.

What really happened....

Dang they saw me...... take off running.

All I'm saying is there is allot more to the story than a man out for a nice stroll gets run down and shot. That's it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So I guess I can just walk into your house look around and as long as I don't steal anything it's ok.....kids will be kids but a grown man doesn't take off running from a construction site after someone notices him. They stop and talk to the person saying hey watya doing over there, and the conversation may go somewhat like this,

Whatya doing over there

You in the market?

Na, just curious.

Ok, I won't do it again.

What really happened....

All I'm saying is there is allot more to the story than a man out for a nice stroll gets run down and shot. That's it.
Walked right up and right over the edge

·
Registered
388 Posts

Whatya doing over there

You in the market?

Na, just curious.

Ok, I won't do it again.

What really happened....

Ok now I understand where you’re coming from. Here’s one of several news articles that I’ve read with information based on known facts, nothing hypothetical. So far, no felony was committed by the man who was murdered. But the investigation is still ongoing.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
He was in the home that was probably 75 percent complete. It wasn't his. That's a fact. He was not on his property. That's a fact. He ran from said property and house when seen. That's a fact.

·
Registered
626 Posts
He was in the home that was probably 75 percent complete. It wasn't his. That's a fact. He was not on his property. That's a fact. He ran from said property and house when seen. That's a fact.
Back when I lived in a around new construction, everyone walked into houses being built. I’ve done it dozens of times. As long as it isn’t finished materials, it doesn’t matter. Even if it was your house and you objected, that’s no excuse for murdering someone. It’s not like he was even on said property when they ran him down and killed him. Also a FACT.

2017 2038r, 220r loader, 72” mmm, Woodmax 62FM flail mower, 66” EA box blade, 1950’s JD KBL 6’ discs

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
I owned an electrical business that 90 percent was residential new construction. Only non construction ppl I saw were the builder and potential/ buyer. The cameras in the house were for thieves. He may of saw them and left. He was shot after physically engaging the man with the gun, at witch point it becomes life or death for both individuals.

If the man that came with the gun was overpowered and killed with his own weapon still be murder? Would the headlines read....an armed citizen that confronted a man that was snooping around a construction that wasn't his was killed when he was attacked and overpowered. He was shot with his own gun.

Edit- remember it's lawful to open carry in GA. Just because it's a long gun doesn't change the rules.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
The home did not even have insulation and didn't look like the wiring and plumbing was completed. More like 40 percent done. Just heard that the guy who took the video has been charged with the other 2 guys. More to come and still no felony.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Ok 40 percent of 100 percent not his.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Big is right. He was trespassing and we know this isn’t in dispute. This investigation is ongoing and that isn’t in dispute. We agree on these points. See common ground. :)

Look I am a 100% supporter of the 2nd amendment. No more, no less. I also believe we have a right to protect ourselves, our family, as well as our property. So don’t interpret my questions as anti-gun rights trash. I only reacted to the accusations that this guy who was shot & killed had committed a felony and was shot by concerned citizens protecting their property. Just based on what had been reported this isn’t the case. No this has really bad optics and it appears a 3rd person has been arrested in connection with this homicide. Let’s just wait for the investigation to be completed and all the facts are known.

As far as the Castle doctrine or stand your ground and the NRA? Not sure what that has to do with any of this. I think Wayne enjoys his rock & roll life style that the NRA affords him. Obviously I’m not a fan of Wayne’s.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
I just don't like when ppl play a race card with these events. Like the two white guys were just riding around with shotguns waiting to see a black guy to shoot. Its time for both sides to take some responsibility....

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I still haven't figured out what the NRA has to do with any of this?
Might as well blame the gingerbread man too, it would be just as relevant.
It is not looking like a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun so I don't think the NRA will comment. The gingerbread man was shot and eaten.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
It is not looking like a good guy with a gun stopped a bad guy with a gun so I don't think the NRA will comment. The gingerbread man was shot and eaten.
That doesn't even make sense. The NRA doesn’t have anything to do with this. I don't even think CNN would attempt to bring NRA into this conversation.
Utter silliness

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
That sounds racist Pappa. Just sayin.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Does that mean I am a closet Trump supporter?
Ummm Biden supporter??? Sounds like something he would utter.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
706 Posts
Felony house invasion? According to everything I’ve read he committed no crime and was murdered. Amazing how information flows via the Internet.

But then again, I wasn’t there only going by what info I have read.
If that house being built was posted, then the black guy should have been guilty of trespassing at the least. I don't really think a trespass warranted him being chased down if he didn't steal anything, and even then I wouldn't. Maybe his death could have "technically" been self defense from what I saw of the video and maybe that's why the police didn't charge them at first. Of course when the media gets it all that's out the window. I do think the two white guys made a huge mistake taking after him like that. Let the cops handle it. If you want to follow, just hang back and remain in your car and see where he goes and report it to the cops. I'm not confronting anybody unless they are still on MY property.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts