Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
I agree, I personally wouldn't have put myself in a situation by confronting the man. Definitely would have tried to keep track of him till the police arrived. But then again he probably would have fought with the police (again) and he may have been shot anyway.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm a contractor and work with general contractors on new construction and major remodels.
Not one of them want people on the construction site. One reason is theft. They have all been
ripped off on site, sometimes to the tune of thousands of dollars. The other reason is liability.
Walking around a construction site is a good way to get injured, in a variety of ways.
I've built my last 2 houses. Do you think I let people wander on site and look around? Hell no.

So this story of just out for a jog and thought I'd just go on someone else's property and look around
without invitation, is BS.

·
Registered
383 Posts
If that house being built was posted, then the black guy should have been guilty of trespassing at the least. I don't really think a trespass warranted him being chased down if he didn't steal anything, and even then I wouldn't. Maybe his death could have "technically" been self defense from what I saw of the video and maybe that's why the police didn't charge them at first. Of course when the media gets it all that's out the window. I do think the two white guys made a huge mistake taking after him like that. Let the cops handle it. If you want to follow, just hang back and remain in your car and see where he goes and report it to the cops. I'm not confronting anybody unless they are still on MY property.
Yes I don’t disagree but my initial reaction was to the felony accusation and so far I’ve seen nothing that even indicates that it was or is even considered. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. Nope, the McMichaels are in deep crap based on the info known so far. It’s hard to plead self defense when you chase an unarmed man down the road with a firearm in your hand. Where I come from if you and your dad jump in the pick up to chase a guy down the road just because you “think” he might have committed a crime that’s not self defense. That’s appears to be vigilance. They also weren’t good stewards of gun ownership according to several sources and that’s probably going to be one of several points that will be brought into the courtroom if it ever goes to court. My guess is they’ll plead out for a lesser sentence. It’s a very sad situation with a guy dead and these guys getting locked up. It all could have been avoided.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
He fought them already, they have that on video too. He trespassed on private property, on video. It's not far fetched to assume that it would happen. But your right I guess he....may... have stopped and answered all their questions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
He fought them already, they have that on video too. He trespassed on private property, on video. It's not far fetched to assume that it would happen. But your right I guess he....may... have stopped and answered all their questions.
Where is the vid of him fighting the cops.
Your not talking about him sitting in has car, by his self and cop comes up, searches him, ask him to get on the ground and when he didn't do it fast enough they use a stun gun. There is no way he ever resisted, only the why are you doing this to me. Also let him go with no charges.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Yeah he looked liked he was really respectful.....and complied.....he looked like a disrespectful cocky dude.

I've had the cops come up to me more times than probably anyone. We work on cell towers many times from midnight to 6 in the morning. Cops get called all the time. I don't say the crap he did to the cops. I'm always respectful and guess what...no taser's or pistols are drawn. We talk like adults. That guy was no adult...

Edit, I don't mean to imply his attitude deserves the death penalty. Just that acting like a grown man goes a long way.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yes I don’t disagree but my initial reaction was to the felony accusation and so far I’ve seen nothing that even indicates that it was or is even considered. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. Nope, the McMichaels are in deep crap based on the info known so far. It’s hard to plead self defense when you chase an unarmed man down the road with a firearm in your hand. Where I come from if you and your dad jump in the pick up to chase a guy down the road just because you “think” he might have committed a crime that’s not self defense. That’s appears to be vigilance. They also weren’t good stewards of gun ownership according to several sources and that’s probably going to be one of several points that will be brought into the courtroom if it ever goes to court. My guess is they’ll plead out for a lesser sentence. It’s a very sad situation with a guy dead and these guys getting locked up. It all could have been avoided.
When I say self defense, I'm talking in the context that the black guy may have attacked first. What are you suppose do then? It's the same scenario if the two guys were real cops. If the guy attacked two policemen, he's still going to get shot. It's the same situation as the guy in Florida years ago and he got an acquittal.

·
Registered
383 Posts

According to this report from a local Brunswick news source they were hunting this guy down. That’s why they’ve arrested their buddy “Roddy” as well. They were all involved but Roddy tried to lie his way out of it. His lawyer even calls the incident a murder when he was defending ole Roddy as an innocent by stander just trying to film the incident and help the poor guy that was being chased out. Based on reading this article sounds like Ahmaud Arbery was running in fear for his life and finally had to fight for his life. This won’t end well for the 3 guys charged with murder. Sounds like the entire law enforcement dept in this county had a very shady reputation.

Anyway make up your own mind and make good choices. It’s obvious these 3 made very poor choices.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Looks like some have not heard of the 4th Amendment, but everyone has heard of the 2nd
Ahh, but who defines reasonable.... seems to me it is not the perp.
No one should go anywhere univited.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Ahh, but who defines reasonable.... seems to me it is not the perp.
No one should go anywhere univited.

Looks like ya missed it, not talking about going into the house.
Guy sits in his car and cop gets him out, searches him

So next time you stop in a parking lot ya better get an invite

·
Registered
593 Posts
Another important point. The police suggested the owner of the house being built call the guys that shot him if there was trouble. My opinion is they have a strong defense. I think it was an angry young man with nothing to do with his race. He fought the guy for the gun and lost. Should they have been the ones to stop him. No!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

Again why would that be considered reasonable? There must be other circumstances involved to create reasonable use of probable cause.
I personally would have no reason to fear a search.... but I am a law abiding citizen. Not even cigarettes in my pocket.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Again why would that be considered reasonable? There must be other circumstances involved to create reasonable use of probable cause.
I personally would have no reason to fear a search.... but I am a law abiding citizen. Not even cigarettes in my pocket.

Its not reasonable to be sitting by yourself in an open area and a cop just comes up and wants to search you

Several vids on you tube by current LEO and past, and they all say, do not allow a search or say anything. This is because "Nothing" of what you say can be used "Help" you, but anything you say can be used against you.

Never allow a search, because if you do the cop has the right to take everything in your car out and spill it on the ground. If something gets damaged the cop nor the city is responsible, you allowed it. They can pull the seats out of the car to look and do not have to put them back.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

Was he in a parking lot when you're alleging that his 4th Amendment rights were violated? Or sitting in his car in the middle of a field?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Was he in a parking lot when you're alleging that his 4th Amendment rights were violated? Or sitting in his car in the middle of a field?
That's cute, so what if he was in a field. Cop never said he was trespassing (nor did they charge him), only this area is known for drugs (which may have been true or made up). He could have been in a park or anywhere, he was doing nothing wrong and chargeable, but he was illegally searched

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
That's cute, so what if he was in a field. Cop never said he was trespassing (nor did they charge him), only this area is known for drugs (which may have been true or made up). He could have been in a park or anywhere, he was doing nothing wrong and chargeable, but he was illegally searched
I guesd the main question was anything illegal found. If it was, oh well.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts