Green Tractor Talk banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
That's cute, so what if he was in a field. Cop never said he was trespassing (nor did they charge him), only this area is known for drugs (which may have been true or made up). He could have been in a park or anywhere, he was doing nothing wrong and chargeable, but he was illegally searched
Patting down and checking for weapons when contact is made is not illegal search. It's for officer safety.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Patting down and checking for weapons when contact is made is not illegal search. It's for officer safety.
Your missing the point or maybe just don't want to admit it

I'll try one more time
Guy is in his car doing nothing wrong to give a justifiable cause to do what the cop did.

Everything after that is against the 4th Amendment.

Take anyone sitting on a park bench enjoying the day and cop comes up and searches them, same issue

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Officer said he was in an area of known drug activity. I can only use the info at hand to make a judgement. I too was minding my own business when checked by cops. They asked questions, if I was armed, patt down etc. I told them why I was there and everything was good. Cell towers get constantly hit by thieves for the copper grounding. I wasn't breaking the law but they had a valid reason to approach me. If you obey the law and show a little respect, you'll be just fine

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Thanks for posting that Big.
If one of us pigment challenged people had said all of that the naacp would be marching in our front yard. But he's 100% correct.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Damn Big now I’m researching Brandon Tatum. That guys an interesting man. Ex cop & motivational speaker. Got a smoking hot wife to boot! Hell, I’ve subscribed to his channel now. You should get Comission. He makes some very valid points.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
I watch a ton of his stuff. Very intelligent guy.

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Its not reasonable to be sitting by yourself in an open area and a cop just comes up and wants to search you

Several vids on you tube by current LEO and past, and they all say, do not allow a search or say anything. This is because "Nothing" of what you say can be used "Help" you, but anything you say can be used against you.

Never allow a search, because if you do the cop has the right to take everything in your car out and spill it on the ground. If something gets damaged the cop nor the city is responsible, you allowed it. They can pull the seats out of the car to look and do not have to put them back.
Last time I went to Sturgis, SD, I was stopped in Wyoming by a very organized dozen plus State Police who they pointed at you to pull over to their "caravan" of squad cars along the road and if you ignored them, they pursued you. I was pointed at. I pulled over. The trooper walked up to me and said "I am sure you wouldn't mind if I looked through your bags, would you?" (or something very similar which implied I would want to consent to a search, which I did not). I had watched them dump other bikers bags on the ground and kick through them and then usually send them on their way.

I asked the officer if he had a warrant? He replied he didn't but he could and would get one. I suggested he do just that. He then said something to the effect of "That's going to take me a few hours and you will have to wait while I get the warrant. You could just give me permission and then you will likely be on your way."

I replied "Sir, I have all the time necessary, go ahead and get the warrant. And on what grounds will you be seeking the warrant, simply because of my refusal to grant you permission to kick my clothes around in the dirt like (and I pointed to the exact same thing happening 15 feet away)?

He acted like he was going to get the warrant and told me I would have to wait in the back of his squad car. I replied "Oh good, air conditioning" and then he changed his mind and ordered me to sit on the ground, which I did.

After about 5 minutes of talking to his boss and after running my I.D. he walked over and handed me my papers and told me to "Get out of here". So I left.

I wrote a letter to the Governor of Wyoming and also South Dakota as this happened in Beautiful, Buelah, Wyoming, 1 mile inside the east state line on U.S. Interstate 90, just over the South Dakota line. It was nothing but harassment, pure and simple.

I did get a letter from the Governor of South Dakota, explaining that he had received numerous complaints about law enforcement's behavior in Wyoming, toward bikers in the area for the "event". He claimed he had been discussing the matter with the Governor of Wyoming to prevent it from happening again. I did not hear anything from Wyoming's Governor.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
There's a big difference between what you encountered and what we're talking about here. Pure disrespectful actions with your property, yeah id object also, but if instructed I would still likely abide. The side of the road is not the place for spouting wether or not you are within your rights. The courtroom and judge is for that. That's where I would be pleading the case.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
The side of the road is not the place for spouting wether or not you are within your rights. The courtroom and judge is for that. That's where I would be pleading the case.
Now I would believe you would do just that. Better to be on your knees then your feet

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
99 percent of police officers are going to be polite just officers. Give me a break. The officers in the video with arbury were checking for weapons fully within law, he was released after complete and udder disrespect for law enforcement with no reason.

I don't have anything to hide, I don't break the law so I don't care. The little dispute I may get into with the law may be actually how fast I'm going or larger dispute with weight rating with DOT. That's all handled in court with the big boys and adults.

I'm guessing you're one of the guys that's just "traveling" and not driving so you don't need a DL. Give the cops a friggin break. Or better yet go sign up and see how your treated for a measly 30k a yr.....

61 - 74 of 74 Posts