Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a replacement for my 15 year old (+) Kawasaki 550 Mule. Last week I found a 2006 TS on CL 90 miles from home, called the seller & Tuesday we made the trip. More hours than I would have liked (1270), but in good overall condition, new Carlisle Field-Trax tires all around, aftermarket canopy, paint isn't even worn off the belly pan & price was right ($4000)! Seats were shot, already replaced, no cracks in plastic, some minor dings in the bed, but nothing serious.

I've redone the rear frame for the canopy, added a headache rack w/screen, working on 8" sideboards & will make a front bumper/brush guard as time allows.

Sorry for no pics yet (not able to upload at this time), will post some when I can!

Next, get the 550 Mule ready to sell! ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally able to upload some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Looks good! New tires to boot and I like the receiver holders.. Does it have the power dump?

I had a 03 or 04 TS for 3 or so years then traded for a 05 HPX.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No power dump --- yet, I have the parts on the way. Found a new "correct" actuator on ebay, switch & relays from Deere dealers.

Put the front bumper/brush guard on today, working on a hinged (removable) lid for the bed. Will be adding a "receiver mounted" LT2000 Superwinch, I'll post pics soon. ~~ Lowell

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,086 Posts
X2 on the receiver holders.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welded up & painted the winch bracket & base frame for the box lid today.

Found out the Gator was built in 06, but classified as an 07!

Here are pics of the brush guard. ~~ Lowell

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put the electric lift on today! Turned out to be "plug & play", plug in the switch, mount the actuator & plug it in and use! Also finished the winch hook up & installed a horn. ~~ Lowell

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Put the electric lift on today! Turned out to be "plug & play", plug in the switch, mount the actuator & plug it in and use! Also finished the winch hook up & installed a horn. ~~ Lowell
Funny, your pictures don't seem to be working...:munch::laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put the windshield on, golf cart mirrors & grab bars. Receiver mount winch is stored on the side of the frame. New bedside decals are on, need to repaint the tailgate when I have time.

If anybody has one, I could use a picture of the heat shield for the bed lift actuator & where it bolts on. ~~ Lowell

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,289 Posts

·
Registered
11,401 Posts
Lowell:
Good looking machine; like all the rest of your tractors.

Don :usa

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Lowell,

I can't be any help on the heat shield question, sorry. I do have a couple of comments on your fine looking Gator: I like the side extensions on the bed -- always found mine to be too shallow for light materials. Also, what does the winch on the side of the Gator (below the front corner of the bed) do??

On our property there was not a lot of clearance between trees on the pathways through the woods, so I used a segmented rear view mirror as shown below, keeping it all inside the cab. I used the same mirror style on the wire's Club Car golf cart as well. This might not be as useful with the mesh barrier behind the passenger area on your Gator...

multi-view_mirror_in_cab.jpg

Chuck

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lowell,

I can't be any help on the heat shield question, sorry. I do have a couple of comments on your fine looking Gator: I like the side extensions on the bed -- always found mine to be too shallow for light materials. Also, what does the winch on the side of the Gator (below the front corner of the bed) do?

View attachment 22612

Chuck
That's just a storage rack for the winch, it's on a receiver mount so I can use it on the front or back. ~~ Lowell

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Lowell,

Now that you describe it and I take a closer look at the photo -- I see the lower bracket that carries the winch's weight and the receiver pin holding it in place (and the rubber tie down should have been a hint to me as well...)

Nice way to keep it handy, relatively clean and out of harms way instead of leaving it on the front or back of the UTV. :good2:

Chuck

·
Registered
196 Posts
Working machines!! Not just toys...

FANTASTIC pics. & work on those machines!!
I use mine for work as well, only time I drive for play is when grand kids come & want rides on the trails around my house in the woods.

I love seeing what you have come up with for mounting equipment, etc. AWESOME JOB!!!
Thank you all :thumbup1gif:

My little Gator CX before I traded in for a bigger used machine... Zach.jpg

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Duke,

My grand kids had their own little gators to chase each other with (although they can share for a teacher/pupil session.) They would have outgrown them by now, even we had not moved off that property...

IMG_0986.JPG IMG_0987.JPG

Chuck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts