Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good freind had bought a used tractor package many years ago that included a 46 backhoe, it had seen little use and he didn't have to much use either for it but the deal was great soooo, he had this sitting around in his woods for a while, we recently discussed it and he just said "Why don't you just take it, you'll use it around your place" and so it was done, he went through quite an adventure to get it here, but he finally did it! Thanks Erik:good2:

Here it sat in my pole barn the day he delivered it:
image.jpg

So the first thing I had to do was swap over the front loader mounts and rear PTO guard, the one for the hoe is heavier and has larger bushings to accomadate the hooks for the rear mounting. Sorry no pics of that, not really much to see anyway.

Second, I had my Power Beyond lines hard plumbed to feed my rear SCV, so I had to add in QD's to be able to hook up the hoe. This of course made the one hose to long, but I'll deal with that later as its really not in the way now.
Before:
image.jpg

After:
image.jpg

Next up was to get it attached to the tractor, that went pretty well for it being the first time and having to adjust the loader mounts, about 45 minutes total. So once it was attached and working, I got the pressure washer out clean it up some. Yes I know it will get dirty as mentioned it sat in the woods for quite a while, there was moss growing on all the hose coverings! And I found this when I went to lube the control linkages:
image.jpg

After a thorough washing it was grease time, found two bad zerks and one pin on the bucket was stuck so I had to drive it out and cleane it up some. Have this convinced me to order a new Dewalt 20v grease gun!

So finally here she is in all her glory:
image.jpg image.jpg

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I got this the other day I knew I wanted the Artillian Backhoe Feet setup with the street pads: 46 Backhoe Turf Feet

So I ordered them Wednesday morning on the website, as luck would have it while I was greasing the hoe the FedEx guy showed up and delivered this 42lb box of goodies:
image.jpg

Wow these are REALLY nice:
image.jpg image.jpg

Install was super easy, fit was perfect as expected:
image.jpg

And here you can see just how much larger these are compared to the OEM ones:
image.jpg

·
Banned
6,070 Posts
Good score. That is one very good friend you have.:cheers:

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
When I got this the other day I knew I wanted the Artillian Backhoe Feet setup with the street pads: 46 Backhoe Turf Feet

So I ordered them Wednesday morning on the website, as luck would have it while I was greasing the hoe the FedEx guy showed up and delivered this 42lb box of goodies:
View attachment 178650

Wow these are REALLY nice:
View attachment 178658 View attachment 178666

Install was super easy, fit was perfect as expected:
View attachment 178674

And here you can see just how much larger these are compared to the OEM ones:
View attachment 178682
Just a note on the Artillian feet, especially with the pads.... Your outrigger arms will droop low and fast under the extra weight as the Cyls bleed off.

I tried rope and a bungee before I settled on a chain and hook combo to keep them up when in storage between uses and during transport.

·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Looks good Ken. Enjoy:good2:

Reactions: Kennyd and BigJim55

·
Registered
12,609 Posts
nice score for sure :bigthumb: that hoe would sure look good on my 2520, boy now i'm envious:lovetongue::lolol: some day-oh. good luck with it. now u and Gizmo2 can go in the business of ditching jobs.:lol:

Reactions: OldmanX and Gizmo2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
Wish I had friends. :lol:
NICE Kenny. :thumbup1gif:

Keep an eye on this hose, it likes to get pinched...

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
A good freind had bought a used tractor package many years ago that included a 46 backhoe, it had seen little use and he didn't have to much use either for it but the deal was great soooo, he had this sitting around in his woods for a while, we recently discussed it and he just said "Why don't you just take it, you'll use it around your place" and so it was done, he went through quite an adventure to get it here, but he finally did it! Thanks Erik:good2:

So finally here she is in all her glory:
View attachment 178634 View attachment 178642
Ken, very nice!! We can all drool and wish we had such friend to give us such a nice gift! God's providence is worked out in so many unique ways for all of us.

It looks like it was hardly ever used.

Now you will have your own BH and can still borrow your other friends mini excavator and you can do any digging job twice as fast! :laugh::laugh:

I really appreciate having my 8B BH for use when ever I need it. It comes in very handy, especially with rocky ground. Some times you need a quick hole dug and you know you will need more than a shovel and 10 minutes if you do it by hand.

I wish the 8B pads connected like the 46 pads. I would purchase a set from Chris in a heart beat but they are bolted on so no simple fix there.

Enjoy! :good2::yahoo:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts