Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around 40 some years ago, I remember my mother saying she did not like coffee heated in a microwave because it didn't stay hot. I didn't pay much attention as I didn't drink coffee then. I noticed the same thing a few years ago. Then I decided the coffee was stratifying in the cup while being nuked. Hotter on top, cooler on bottom. So I got in the habit of giving it a quick stir after nuking. Tonight, I heated a cup of water and thought, "Why don't I check." I stuck in the meat thermometer. 165°F near top and 122°F near the bottom. Mystery solved. Probably going to check this again some time just to be sure.

·
Registered
825 Posts
If it’s more than 3 hours old I pour the cold/old coffee back into the top hopper with fresh grounds and double brew it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
If it’s more than 3 hours old I pour the cold/old coffee back into the top hopper with fresh grounds and double brew it.
Why not just double brew all coffee ?? :dunno:

that would reset your "GO BUTTON!!",,, :flag_of_truce:

:laugh:

·
Registered
3,236 Posts

:eek:hmy:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that the Norwegian style coffee that will float a horseshoe?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,203 Posts
Coffee is coffee. Hot, I'll drink it. Cold, I won't drink it. Nuke it, double brew it, heat it on a stove or over a fire, I don't care. It just has to be hot. I just lost 5 minutes I'll never get back. :nunu: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Is that the Norwegian style coffee that will float a horseshoe?
Haha. That made me laugh. I prefer the low 90s octane for early morning and Add double that for the noon coffee break. Generally I drink 3 pots of coffee per day around 25-30 cups worth. After a while you build up a caffeine tolerance.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Coffee is coffee. Hot, I'll drink it. Cold, I won't drink it. Nuke it, double brew it, heat it on a stove or over a fire, I don't care. It just has to be hot. I just lost 5 minutes I'll never get back. :nunu: :laugh: :laugh:
I can't stand cold or iced coffee. Screaming hot is my preferred temperature. :)

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Haha. That made me laugh. I prefer the low 90s octane for early morning and Add double that for the noon coffee break. Generally I drink 3 pots of coffee per day around 25-30 cups worth. After a while you build up a caffeine tolerance.

Holy moly! I have Tachycardia sometimes and am not supposed to have any caffeine, but I do drink a couple cups of 1/2 caff. I can't imagine drinking that much coffee, although I used to drink quite a bit; in fact had a coffee pot in my office. Now I'm not supposed to even eat chocolate...but I do occasionally eat a mini candy bar or some such. I make up for it by drinking a couple beers in the evening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts