Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, had a big surprise tonight. Had the 1025R down in the field and was chainsawing some small trees...happened to glance to the side of the loader and the big pin that the loader pivots on had lost the nut, and the pin had starting backing out! Could have been very ugly. I have about 25 hours on it so far...so the moral of the story is, check to make sure those aren't loosening.

Anyone ever have that happen? :greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
12,286 Posts
Yep... manual says to check after the first 10 hrs and then every 50 hrs afterwards.

·
Registered
619 Posts
2032R, I was out in the woods and thankfully saw the nut. Left side loader pin half way off. Bought a new paint pen and remarked the tight position. Also bought a dedicated cheapo wrench clearly marked (in plain sight) for the loader nuts. When I see it on the shelf, it reminds me to check my nuts.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Bad results

2032R, I was out in the woods and thankfully saw the nut. Left side loader pin half way off. Bought a new paint pen and remarked the tight position. Also bought a cheapo dedicated wrench clearly marked (in plain sight) for the loader nuts. When I see it on the shelf, it reminds me to check my nuts.
Most times, losing your nuts is a bad thing.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
637 Posts
Found both of mine to be loose enough to be removed by hand. Noticed after seeing the loader stand moved up and down while attached. Learned to look for this on a TTWT video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
637 Posts
What pin/nut are we talking about, and on what front-end loader? Can you provide a link to the TTWT episode?
It was when he was doing the BX vs 1025R challenge and were using them both at his church. Like 8 minutes in. He showed where the loader stand on the 2038R was moving quite a bit when he scooped dirt up and he soon sheered a pin. On my 120R loader it’s the only large nut on the loader. Believe it connects the bottom of the lift cylinder as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,856 Posts
2032R, I was out in the woods and thankfully saw the nut. Left side loader pin half way off. Bought a new paint pen and remarked the tight position. Also bought a dedicated cheapo wrench clearly marked (in plain sight) for the loader nuts. When I see it on the shelf, it reminds me to check my nuts.
Most times, losing your nuts is a bad thing.

Treefarmer
TF, I am trying to think of an instance where losing your nuts wouldn't be a bad thing.

I am also still trying to figure out how to mark my nuts with the paint pen to check for proper torque. There is also the need to contemplate where to keep the large "reminder wrench" to keep them nuts torqued........Perhaps in with the Duluth Trading "boxers"....

Then there is always the "turn your head and cough" issue......

As for the tractor. well........................
:laugh: :lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Checked those nuts last night, and all is good. :good2:

The nut that holds on the level indicator is on securely, but the mechanism is floppy. Is it supposed to be floppy, or should the bolt be tighter to stop it from moving around? I tried searching for the level indicator thread but couldn't find the right one that I thought I saw...

Kevin.

·
Premium Member
12,286 Posts
Checked those nuts last night, and all is good. :good2:

The nut that holds on the level indicator is on securely, but the mechanism is floppy. Is it supposed to be floppy, or should the bolt be tighter to stop it from moving around? I tried searching for the level indicator thread but couldn't find the right one that I thought I saw...

Kevin.
Yes, it should be loose. There are washers to allow the bracket to move even though the nut is tight.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes, it should be loose. There are washers to allow the bracket to move even though the nut is tight.
Thanks! That is what I thought but wasn't sure. Might be the cause of that odd rattle noise that I seem to have when I have the FEL on.

Kevin.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,856 Posts
Thanks! That is what I thought but wasn't sure. Might be the cause of that odd rattle noise that I seem to have when I have the FEL on.

Kevin.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
The machine does sound differently with the FEL off or the load off or on the 3 point hitch, etc when chasing down on the rattling noises.

The bucket leveler is often the source of a rattle or two. With the engine running and the hood open, grabbing different things can often dramatically reduce the "diesel rattling" sound and its also a good way to see if there are items which need to be checked for tightness and to eliminate strange new rattles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts